Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Christmas Cheer (in July)


Hi friends!  I'm back with my take on this week's Make it Monday challenge to spritz your stamps with water for a water colour effect.  I thought it was about time to at least make a start to my Christmas cards...just not into it in the summer :(  However, I thought the Painted Poinsettia set would be great for this technique, one I remember from 2004 SU workshops!  Remember?  I started with Sweet Blush for the first solid image, but it was a little too sweet and a little too blush (see below), so I restamped the base of the flower with Lovely Lady.


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a lovely day!



8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh la la...the soft feel is gorgeous!

HJ said...

Beautiful technique for this card.

Bajalizzy said...

such a beautiful card!!!

Kathy Mc said...

Pretty Christmas card, Maureen!

Barbara said...

Oh so pretty and you have a start on your Christmas cards. Love the watercolor technique on the poinsettia.

Marcia Hill said...

Very pretty...love how the colors on your Poinsettia came out with the water! Beautiful finishing too with the flourishes...love it!! :0)

Betty Wright said...

Love this technique with the poinsettia! Wonderful Christmas card!

Marybeth said...

This is stunning, Maureen! Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...