Saturday, July 9, 2016

Happy Birthday


Hello friends!  It's a rainy, rainy, rainy day here so weeding the garden has been put on the back burner (rats!).  I'm staying dry in the studio this morning and participating in PTI's Make it Monday challenge to use string/floss on your card.  I used several elements from Amy's gorgeous "Faith" card and wrapped floss around the bottom layer of the flower.  When I went to put my flower on the card, the stem hung over the side way too much.  The sentiment was in the way, but I really wanted the flower to be lower, not floating in no man's land (if you know what I mean).  The only solution I could come up with was to stamp part of the sentiment onto the stem with some acetate masking.



Do you have any other ways I could have fixed this problem?  Other than starting over! LOL  I'd love to hear them :)

Oh, but this studio is a MESS!  I have been procrastinating and really need to start this overhaul!  Wish me luck!






5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Your flower turned out perfect Maureen...I always tend to forget about using that one in the set and go for the other two! Love the happy colors you used and your sentiment came out perfect using part of the leaf...love it!!

Bashful said...

Beautiful card! I really love how your flower came out. And I think you solved your sentiment problem perfectly. If it were me, I probably would have stamped the sentiment on a small banner or tag, and adhered it on top... but it would have covered up some of the flower, so I think your idea was better. :-)

Christine said...

Your card is wonderful! Love the soft colors and shiny sequins. Look at MISTI videos as a solution to your problem. I treated myself to a MISTI for Mother's Day a couple years ago and it's revolutionized the way I stamp. Most of the time, I assemble my cards and add the sentiment last using the MISTI. It allows for perfect stamp placement, and in the event that the inking is not even, it allows for re-inking and re-stamping in exactly the same place

Kathy Mc said...

Great card, Moe! I don't think I've ever used that stem just because it seems a bit too big for me. Agree with Christine about the MISTI, but acetate masking obviously works also.

Sandy S. said...

I think your solution was brilliant, and the card is lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...