Friday, May 7, 2010

Let Your Heart Have Wings

Yay!!! It's Friday morning!!! Today's card is for the Card Positioning Systems sketch.  They really give you full freedom with the sketches.  I love that.  I saw something somewhere yesterday...can't remember what it was or where it was...weird, I know...but I do remember the colour combo.  It was kraft and turquoise...yummy!! So this card is based on those colours.  I distressed the edges of the patterned paper and hawaiian shore cardstock then stitched around them.  The black panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug script folder, although you can't tell from the photo.  This lovely ribbon was taken off a card that didn't turn out, despite having this lovely ribbon on it!!  The sentiment inspired me to add the yellow butterfly :)  Have a wonderful day :)

What's in it?
stamps: SU hope happens
Ink: versafine onyx
Paper: PTI kraft, white, black, hawaiian shore; My Mind's Eye bohemia dp; cosmo cricket dp
Accessories: stitching, distressing tool; prima flowers; PTI button and ribbon; linen thread, gemstones, MS butterfly punch

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Darling card. Love the pop of yellow by the butterfly on the bow. Great sentiment too.

I'll e-mail you as per your question later today. Have an extra child all day due to our Pro-D day so will be busy until tonite.

Enjoy your day :D

Taheerah said...

Beautiful Maureen! That little butterfly adds the perfect pop of colour to go with this combo and I love the distressing on the Hawaiian Shores panel!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love the colour combo! That distressed patterned paper is so cool! The yellow butterfly on the turquoise is very pretty! Have a great weekend! Hope you are feeling better! ttys!

Shauna said...

This card is great. I love the butterfly in the middle of the bow :-)

Winter said...

What a sweet sentiment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...