Monday, September 6, 2010

Purse Papers

Good morning!!! Happy Labour Day to my Canadian and American blog buddies.  It's the last day before work starts and other than a workout, the day is mine  to spend in the studio :)  I've been thinking of this project for a week and LOVE the way it turned out!!!  So let's get started.  First up, this is my second entry in the Verve Project Parade: Something Old, Something New.  All you need to do to play is use your newest Verve stamps with your older sets :)  How fun is that?  My project is a little collection of purse papers!!  It's a little folder made of double sided patterned paper with 12 papers inside with various sentiments.  You keep the folder in your purse for all those times you need a little piece of paper :)  I saw one of these at that little Tea Giftshop from my last post  and LOVED this idea!! I'd never seen these before and knew it would make a great, useful project (and gift!) :)  Plus, it's perfect for mixing and matching Verve sentiments and images!!!! I had all my Verve binders out and went to town!! LOL  Here's the inside of the folder....
And here are all the papers I made...I only made 12, but could easily fit 12 more in :)  See how well the old and new Verve stamps go together?  The sky's the limit on these papers!!
Okay, here's the original package and papers, but don't you think mine are prettier?  HA!!  There were different themed folders - sisters, friends, grandma, etc. - but I picked this one because of the saying inside...if the crown fits, wear it!  It reminded me of my "tiara" jokes during my Verve Guest Diva stint :)  LOL

Oh, this was so fun!!  To make the folder, I carefully separated the scalloped sleeve from the back of the folder, so the whole folder lay flat, then I made a tracer so I could make many more of these babies :)  I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it and sharing it with you.  Have a lovely day and wish me luck tomorrow, not so much with the kids, but with getting up early and not having a lazy morning!! LOL  Hugs!!

what's in it?
stamps: Verve because of you, fairy tales, beautiful you, feel the sun, let it shine, happy hello, dream big, kind words
ink: versafine onyx, su mustard, real rose, kiwi, rose romance, bermuda bay
paper: various xerox coloured papers, su apricot appeal; K&Company dps
accessories: computer (purse papers title); gemstones, stitching, PTI twill ribbon

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OKay Maureen - I'm going to try to leave a comment. I love ALL of the cards you have made this summer. I admire your enthusiasm and your passion for card making - along with your amazing talent!!!! As for wishing you luck for tomorrow - I'm afraid I need it, too....I've been sleeping in all summer including today and have no idea how I will start getting up at 6am!!!! So - best of luck to both of us! Enjoy your new school. I want to come to see you at work in your studio some time and see all of the cool stamps, paper, etc... that you have!!! Take care. Pam L. :)

Anonymous said...

PS. I forgot to say I am totally drawn to pink and orange combined (mainly anything PINK!) - so definitely loved the card with those colour combinations!!! PL :)

Aimes said...

Oh those purse papers were MADE for you, Diva! LOL!
I have to confess I do love your take on the project more though *wink* Especially those notes with the gorgeous leaves on!
Hope work goes well tomorrow! For me, it's like I've never been away!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lynn said...

Maureen,
That would make for a happy happy addition to my purse...love this idea...and all the Verve Stamps are perfect! Hope you first day back and the adjustment to the new school go perfectly!

Lynn

Marisa said...

Great project and fabulous "Maureen" paper :)

Best of luck on day one! I too will miss my leisurely mornings and will be very tired for a week as my body adjusts to a new bed time and rising time! Unfortunately the bed time takes a bit longer to adjust but I eventually get tired enough to get to be earlier LOL! Just two more sleeps until my first "me" day in a long time, can't wait :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Love your take on this project, Maureen! Fabulous DP and what a way to showcase those great Verve sentiments. You've inspired me to try a similar project!

Have a great day, tomorrow! It's gonna be a great year! ;)

Heidi said...

Oh this is adorable. Every girl needs purse papers!

And I just realized that I misunderstood the Verve Challenge. I thought you could only use the newest release (and mine are not here yet)to make your projects. So I will have to get to work on a couple of cards this week to enter.

Kristina said...

Maureen, this entire project is absolutely darling! The outside of the folder is so pretty... Those colors, that dp, some beautiful Verve stamps. I didn't order that flower set and you seriously have me rethinking that decision. How do you get them so light? Are you stamping off first?

So, it's back to work with you in the morning, right? Have an amazing first day, my friend! Enjoy the new grade (and remember they will feel really little at the beginning!), but second graders are AWESOME! I loved my 3 years of working with them. Have a wonderful 4-day work week! Here's looking forward to Friday! :)

TannyP said...

GORGEOUS! You never cease to amaze me, girl!

Nicole said...

What a wonderful idea. And yours IS much prettier! ;)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is such a cool project! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...