Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wishing You Sunny Days

sunnydays

Good morning dear friends :)  Today’s card involves some photography experiments.  First up, I’m trying a little doily underneath my card as seen on so many other fabulous blogs AND in honour of the doily trend out there as of late.  Second, I really had to fiddle with my camera settings to get the vibrant rich purple of the ribbon to stand out.  On my “goto” camera settings it just turned navy blue…no good for a colour challenge that calls for a purple jewel tone.  I hope it views okay on your screen.  In my defense I can only say…I’m a teacher not photographer, Jim!!  (reference to Star Trek if you missed that so early in the morning!! LOL).  This lovely colour combination comes straight from the Jewel Tones Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World.  I’ve been slowly entering all the colour challenges and having a ball with them!!  Thanks for all the positive feedback about yesterday’s BOLD Birthday card :)  I hope you have a fabulous Wednesday…I’m off to the fabric store after work to hunt down some zippers and crochet trim…wish me luck!!  (p.s.  head over to the Verve Blog for Day 4 of the Diva Dare challenge…there’s a whole lotta Baby Love fun happening there!)

signature

ColorComboJT14 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve let it shine

ink: versafine onyx, su more mustard

paper: pti cream, su pacific point, more mustard

accessories: pti scallop border die, stitching, gems, satin ribbon, inverted scallop and circle nestabilities, button, thread, corner chomper

15 comments:

TannyP said...

That purple comes through beautifully! Such a fun color combo and you've again perfectly executed it. Fabulous layout! I always wonder about those inverted nesties and after seeing this as a sun, I want 'em!

Ann said...

Oh my, I adore what you did with these colors! And that sentiment? Perfect for a dreary winter day!

Marisa said...

What a great card reminding us that the sun will shine once again here in BC LOL! Ribbon looks a beautifully, deep, rich purple so you done good :) Loving the DP and well done with the challenge. Have fun with the zippers - You Tubed it and they look fun :)

Michelle Woerner said...

Woohoo! Fun and bright!!! Love the stitching with the dark thread. Now, if I could figure out how to change my thread easily... Hugs,

Christina said...

This is a brilliant take on the challenge colors, Maureen! I love the dark stitching and gem-studded scallops!

Vickie Z said...

The deep puple shows up well to me. Love how you used the colors. One of my fav sentiments!,

Aimes said...

Love the photography set up, Diva! The doily trim is totally reflected in that yummy DP!!!!
Could your next fabulous creation suggest something about warm days please? We've got the sun over here but with frost and ice - I need warmth! ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Shannan Teubner said...

Girl, this is fabulous!! I love the colors!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Maureen! I always love how well you use patterned paper on your cards--I need to try that more!

Anonymous said...

21711.....79816

Andrea Ewen said...

This is delightful! Love the yellow and blue combination and that fabulous stitching! Wishing we had sunny days right now, the flurries are falling and the sky is so overcast :( Praying for an early spring!

Janelle said...

Love how you made your sentiment look like a sun by using that specific nestability -- and the patterned paper really emphasizes the idea of a sunny day. Love it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maureen! Thanks for entering the Jewel Tones Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Susan said...

Congratulations on your Moxie Fab win. Your card is luscious! And I feel with you on trying to get a photograph of those colors!

Debbie Carriere said...

You go girl!!!! Enjoy your grand prize for this fabulous card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...