Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Day That Gave Me You

celebrate

Good morning!! Ah, the lovely weekend is here!  I’m most excited about the new studio arriving this week!! But now comes the daunting task of UNPACKING!  And purging big time!  I’ll share some photos at the end of this post :)  I am also excited about today’s card.  I wasn’t too sure about this week’s colourQ colours, but then I got thinking that they would be perfect for my dh’s birthday card for his birthday next week :)  While I was making this, he called me while out of town and asked what I was doing…I told him I was making a birthday card for someone I loved dearly.  He was a little puzzled and said that the only upcoming birthday he knew about was his own, pause…then he said, “oh, I get it!”  LOL  I warned him there was one bit of “girlie” on his card.  I had the gorgeous red ribbon on my mind for this card so there it is!! I also knew I wanted to use this fabulous Verve sentiment from Love’s Flower (on sale this month!). It perfectly conveys how I feel about Tony’s birthday :)

cqc121

Okay, here are the just installed pictures of the new studio cupboards and counters.  I opted for lower cupboards only as I have many things to put on the wall…3 ribbon racks, a button cubby organizer, bulletin board/magnetic board and a few framed pictures of special publications :)  I will share more when I’ve organized and unpacked more :) Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

signature 

IMG_4811

IMG_4812

IMG_4813

IMG_4815

 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve love’s flower, pti fillable frames

ink: versafine onyx, su sahara sand

paper: PTI white, su more mustard, MME Gertie Paper and Kraft FunDay

accessories: pti fillable frame and scallop border dies, Michaels ribbon, gems, stitching

14 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your card! The colors are great!
Your room is looking good. Lots of room to organize and I love that floor.

Tracey McNeely said...

Perfect card and sentiment for your dh on his birthday. I love the masculine background paper and you are right that bright red bow is awesome. Enjoy unpacking and setting up the studio. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Marisa said...

Love this colour combo and you have used it wonderfully :) The pop of red is perfect and I'm sure Tony will love it :)

Lisa Elton said...

SPLENDID card, love the polka dots and that lush bow!! Also love your hubby's reaction to you making the card~hehe!

A new studio;fun,fun,fun~Enjoy!!

Sylvia said...

Lovely birthday card for you husband, Maureen, love the red ribbon! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Kara said...

such a great masculine card!! thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

The Paper Parade said...

Maureen, this card is great, I love that it is bright and cheery, but also a card for a man. And your studio is looking AWESOME! I bet you're just itching to get in there!

Colleen said...

Wonderful card and sure do like the color combination.
Looks like your craft room is going to fabulous and can't wait to see more pictures once finished.
Did kinda had to laugh at that one picture tho. Looks like someone is sleeping on the job right there on the floor. :}
ColleenB.

Lynn said...

I'm sure Tony can handle the one bit of girly :) It wound't be from you without your signature bows! I love the background paper. So masculine and stunning. Your studio looks beyond amazing! So much room for friends like me too!

LeAnne said...

What a lovely card; I am sure he won't mind that bow one bit when he knows all the love that went into your creation! Thanks for participating in the CQC this week!

Jenny said...

I love the pattern on the base card, such a contrast to the bright colours and what a beautiful sentiment too :)
Your craft studio looks like it's going to be an amazing space!
Jenny x

Vickie Z said...

Adorable card... I'm sure Tony will love it... bow and all!! Looks like the studio is coming along wonderfully!! I think you said you purchased from Ikea... is that a desk? I've got to do something and have been looking at Ikea.

Christina said...

How exciting that your new studio is starting to come together! When can I come over for a play date? *giggle*
Your card is simply fantastic, and once again you've blown me away with the ribbon. Not only is it perfectly shaped, but it always has such an impact because of your color choice. Brilliant use of the palette this week, Moe!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, the perfect take on these colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...