Friday, August 12, 2016

No Great Story Starts with Salad


Hi friends!  This quote cracks me up every time!  I make wine cards for my sister's wine store and love using this one...a favourite all round.  Today's card is for PTI's Make it Monday challenge this week.  We are asked to use a sentiment strip to ground the card.  I took inspiration from Erin's card (the embossed stencil background) and a Valentine card I made for the dh last year...

beminemaureenplut

I snuck in some flowers to echo the embossed background I created with a PTI stencil and some embossing paste.  I added a "2016" from the Enclosed: Congrats stamp set.  I noticed that the years go up to 2024 in the set, the year I can retire!  Coincidence?! LOL

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by :)



5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love how the embossed panel adds so much texture and movement to the card Moe. Fabulous!

Marcia Hill said...

Fabulous card(s) and LOVE the sentiment...absolutely perfect!! :0)

Teresa said...

Both of your cards are great. I really like how you put the date on the bottle. I'm going to have to remember that.

Nancy Penir said...

Love this, Maureen! And love that you do cards for your sister's store. I do tags for my daughter's jewelry line, and it gives me a great excuse to buy new stamps (like I need an excuse!) Your cards are so lovely. The embossing is just perfect. And I love the wine colors!

lexi said...

beautiful card! i love all the little details - the colors, the flowers, the year on the wine - so fun!! thanks for playing make it monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...