Sunday, November 1, 2009

Embellish Owl Colour Challenge

Good Sunday morning and happy first day of November. In amongst the cute little trick or treaters we had last night, I made this card for the Embellish owl colour challenge. I have no owl images but Ashley and company were thinking ahead and posted an owl image for owl-less cardmakers like me. I spent most of the day thinking about owl sayings...even googled them. But everything was the same old thing..."you're a hoot," "Whoo loves you..." etc., etc. I wanted something a little different. But all I could come up with is "Thank-whoo." I went outside with the clippers to get a few little branches off a bush in the front yard. The branch with the ribbon is my favourite part :) Three little buttons for a little something on the sentiment and that was that. So this is my first owl card!! I hope you like it and I hope you have a wonderful day:) Thanks for popping by! (uh, I just thought of a saying!! "I love whoo you are." Rats! Maybe next time! LOL)



What's in it?
Stamps: Verve thankful blossoms, PTI fresh alphabet
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI vintage cream, berry sorbet (beak); bitty dots dp; SU choc chip, kraft
Accessories: PTI berry sorbet grosgrain, buttons, stitching; branch (outside my house!)

13 comments:

Aimes said...

Whoo's a clever crafter eh?! I LOVE your sentiment and the idea to incorporate that branch is fab - it's so cute with the ribbon tied around it!
Totally adorable!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Laural-Lee said...

Maureen, I must say this is the most adorable card you've made to date. Don't get me wrong all your cards are beautiful but this is uber cute.

..::Paulina::.. said...

Oh my goodness, this card is absolutely adorable! I love the paper patchwork, the buttons and the twig with ribbon is perfect!

Side note: LOVE LOVE LOVE the name of your blog!

Kristina said...

All right. How adorable is this card?! I love the little branch you created for him to sit on. Brilliant!

I had a great Halloween last night. My roommate and I joined some girlfriends at Disneyland. They decorate the park for Halloween now, so it was really fall-festive. They even had a special "spook-tacular" fireworks show. And all the little kids dressed up in their costumes were adorable. Hope you had a great evening as well!

Brandi said...

Maureen,
What a cute saying! I am loving the owl. The heart border is actually a punch from Fiskars.
Brandi

de said...

Maureen! Love your card! The design and colors are beautiful and that owl is SO cute!

fancypantz said...

I absolutely adore your card. So classy. :)

TannyP said...

That sentiment rocks and the owl is so darn adorable! Fabulous job...as usual. Have you got a never ending supply of buttons?! =)

Karolyn Loncon said...

Darling! Love that you added a real branch!

Laura B. said...

this is just great!! really perfect!!

Winter said...

Oh Maureen, I LOVE it! The owl and the branch look great! This will be in the 'Hot List' this week for sure! :)

marianagrigsby said...

This card is fabulous!!! Love the stitching and all the details on your card! TFS

Jessica said...

Hi Maureen!!! This is simply adorable!! Love the patched/stitched up background and every detail you added not to mention that super cute owl :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...