Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Warmest Wishes ~ Karen's Sweet Sketch

Greetings, blog friends!! Today's card is for Karen's Sweet Sunday sketch. The sketch was a little more involved this week...lots of panels!! I was inspired by the beautiful sample Karen made...love that ribbon!! My cards have really been girly lately...I mean overly girly...what's up with that? I think it's that Eskimo Kisses paper!! LOL While looking for a sentiment that would fit the shape as well as go with a winter card, I came across my old SU All Year Cheer 1 set. I can't remember the last time this little stamp felt ink, poor thing! That yummy ribbon is actually from a Christmas sale bin at Michaels last year...picked up about 3 rolls of it. It's a cross between berry sorbet and ruby red. Hope Tuesday goes well for you all :) Sending you warmest wishes :)







What's in it?
Stamps: SU All Year Cheer 1
Ink: SU ruby red
Paper: PTI white, sweet blush, polkadot dp; SU ruby red, eggplant; Basicgrey Eskimo Kisses dp
Accessories: stitching, cuttlebug ef, fiskars apron punch, circle nestabilities, ribbon, gems, MS snowflake punch, buttons, silver cord

9 comments:

TannyP said...

Beautiful work! You really made this sketch look less stressful than I found it, but it's so elegant with your personal touch =) That same stamp of mine is sorely neglected, so I completely understand! Love those girly colors - and I'm usually a blue/green gal!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love all the girly cards and that ribbon is great! :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous job with Karen's sketch, Maureen! I loved her sample card as well as the one in the Fan Club Gallery. Great use of that border punch again (said wiping the drool off my keyboard LOL) and that sentiment is a wonderful one. I've got to give mine some love too! Fabulous DP and now worries, girly is good :D Great card!

Laural-Lee said...

This is a very sweet. The ribbon and border punch are wonderful and I love the ruby red, eggplant combo. I'm going to have to try it out. Razzleberry also works really well with the Eskimo paper. beautiful job with the sketch.

Aimes said...

Yup, you're definitely going through a girly phase at the mo but I love it! Lots of pretty pink creations! I blame the Eskimo Kisses too, but it looks so much fun to play with ;D
Great take on the sketch!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Maile Belles said...

Gorgeous card, love the color combo and that ribbon was such a good find! Sorry I have been so quite, but please know that I truly enjoy your work and look forward to every one of your post!

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love what you have done with this sketch! The scallops are fabulous.

Andrea M said...

Maureen, this is beyond words gorgeous!!! Love the color combo, stitching, scallops - love it all!

Michelle Scott said...

Such a pretty, sweet card! I love the pinks and that bow is just perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...