Friday, November 20, 2009

Lord Have Mercy on Me!!

Good morning and TGIF!! Whew!! I thought my Mercy card a few weeks ago was a doozy, but this one would give it a run for its money. The first card I made for this sketch did NOT work out at all...I may be able to salvage it, but it won't look at all like Mercy's sketch!! I blame myself...I "altered" the sketch a "wee" bit and this time it did not work in my favour!! So I started fresh...even cleaned up the desk and changed my scratch paper where I stamp. I chose not to make the long version of the sketch because I am making cards for my sister's store and my cards need to be a standard size right now. I know Mercy is very precise with her sketches, but I just had to change it {insert heartfelt apology here!}. I love this Verve sentiment and thought that I would feel better if I used some favourite colours with it. I think what's missing is ribbon, but I wanted to keep it clean. I also moved the flower down because the sentiment had room in the bottom corner for an embellishment. Am I rambling now? LOL Okay, enough!! It's simple and I like it!! LOL I think I'm having some side effects from finishing my reports early!! LOL Enjoy your Friday...my double date is still on ;)

What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Believe
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: SU kraft; PTI white, sweet blush, spring moss, melon berry, dp
Accessories: square nestabilities, fiskar apron punch, gemstones, prima flower, cuttlebug ef

5 comments:

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the sentiment and the color combo! Have fun on your date night! :)

Marisa said...

Been there done that LOL! Love the DP you went with here and the colour combo is lovely. Have a great night out tonite :D

TannyP said...

This turned out beautifully! Fabulous sentiment and the details you've got are wonderful. Your bits of bling just add such a perfect punch!
Have a wonderful evening =)

Aimes said...

Well I love it! Sometimes it's all too tempting to think that every card NEEDS ribbon and buttons but this has just the right amount of embellishments! I love that sentiment too!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kristina said...

I love that polka dotted paper! And the clean feel looks wonderful on this card. I totally understand with the scratching cards thing... I think I have a stack of cards that I've started and never finished. They just weren't turning out like the picture in my head. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...