Saturday, December 10, 2011

Glad Tidings from the new Studio!

gladtidingstag

Hi dear friends!!  Wow, I think this is the longest time I’ve had between posts! There has literally been no time between work and unpacking the house.  I really tackled the studio today.  You don’t really realize how much “stuff” you have until you unpack it!! LOL  I even had the dh admit that maybe we should have made the studio a bit bigger!! ACK!! What did I say last April?!  I think it will be much better once the new counters and cabinets come, then I can really organize.  For now, I’ve just unpacked and set things up so I can start creating again.  AND as it was settling in at Dad’s in August, this tag took me a good 3 hours to make!  I just need to find my groove ;)  So today’s colours are via the ColourQ Challenge blog.  They also added a twist this week…anything but a card.  Hmm, okay, I’ll make a tag (to later put on a card! shh!)…my favourite thing to do with a tag!  Hey, did you notice the rusty bells?  I found them today and just had to use them right away :) I was SOOOO excited!!  Here is the yummy inspiration photo…

cqc114

I actually want to make a fun card with this palette as well.  This is just a delicious combination!  Okay, I’ll leave you with some new photos…the fireplace!  I love the progression each day.  The only thing that wasn’t fun was all the concrete dust EVERYWHERE!  And just after we had cleaned everything :(

dec7day2fireplace

dec7day3fireplace

dec9day4finished

I was so excited to put up my beloved nativity scene.  I love that the stone makes it look so rustic.  Will need to find some nice greenery to add.

dec10nativity

Thanks so much for visiting!!  Hopefully it won’t be too long until I’m back to regular posts.  Hope the rest of your weekend is lovely :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve glad tidings

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, kraft, su caribbean

accessories: pti tree and banner die, buttons, ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folders, gems, stitching, su linen thread, twine, rusty bells!!, pti felt

16 comments:

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Firstly, Maureen, I would like to say Hello to you and all your followers as I am a recent newbie to your blog. I am from S. Wales in the UK and actually have a sister who, like you, lives in BC, Canada.
I love the little tag you have for us today, such a lovely addition to add to any present for a special someone or as a topper to a card.
May I add finally that the new stonework around your fireplace looks very effective, and although it has been messy for you must now be extremely pleased with the results. Keep up the great work.
All the best Linda

Lynn said...

Your fireplace looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all decorated. It is gorgeous on its own, but wow...so many possibilities!

And relief...the rusty balls have been founded! Must admit I giggle everytime I read that! Your tag is beautiful. Love the touch of stitching on the tree!

Tammy said...

Awesome tag Maureen! Indeed a fabulous colour combo!! I have that die and haven't cut it with felt--must go do that now! And the stitching on it is a great idea!

Your house photos are amazing--such great style! SO looking forward to your final post about them when everything is moved in and set up. Although, I'll admit, I'll likely be drooling all over my laptop-lol.

Andrea M said...

YAY! So glad you found your rusty bells!!! And OMG, that fireplace looks AMAZING! I can envision lots of cold winters nights sugared up in front of that baby!
Girl, your tag is just the inspiration I needed!!! GORGEOUS! I want to make tags so badly but I have to say the mojo was lacking! This just does it perfectly! Thank you!!!

Kara said...

adorable tag..love the zig zag stitching on the tree!! thanks so much for joining us this week at the CQC!!

Marisa said...

Yeah, the bells have arrived in all their glory :) Great tag using the CQ colours. It's nice to hear someone else has to gind cards out once in a while (though mine is more often than once in a while LOL!). Sure the groove will come back in spades once life slows down a bit :) Fireplace looks great!

Imke said...

Wonderful tag . The christmas tree looks great with the buttons and rhinestones. I also like to make tags and put them later on a card. It´s fun !!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous tag, Maureen! love the buttons. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Heidi said...

Hey Maureen-

Just got back from Canada today- spent 10 hours on the road in the last 24hr- UGH. But it was fun to visit with family!
This tag is darned cute I tell you- well worth the 3hrs for me! I know you are looking forward to getting your bearings back and all.
The fireplace looks beautiful! My hubby and I did our own like that in our first home and I just think it looks so rustic and beautiful- and the nativity is perfect there. Enjoy that new home!
Heidi

Tracey McNeely said...

Hi Maureen and welcome back. Your tag for this week's Colour Q is wonderful and would look great on the front of any card. I am admiring your stonework around the fireplace, is it woodburning? We have a gas fireplace but our old house had a big woodburning. I miss it so much this time of year.

LeAnne said...

It has been fun to see the progression of your home, although I do admit to a bit of jealousy! Enjoy it in good health! Your tag is adorable...I am lovin' those PTI dies! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at CQC!

sandie said...

the bells are adorable and the felt tree is gorgeous. Your fireplace is looking good and extra special with the Nativity scene on it.

Vickie Z said...

Love this tag and perfect with the colors!! Fireplace is gorgeous!!

Heidi said...

Maureen-

I think that you shop at ABC Toys and Crafts: Julie is having blog candy if you are interested.

http://abctoysandcrafts.blogspot.com/

TannyP said...

Rusty bells, fabulous felt AND an amazing fireplace!?! This post has me drooling! WOW - that tag is spectacular....and that bow...well, Dawn is probably jealous of it's perfection, too! LOVE that embossing and your stitching on the tree. The buttons & bling on it are perfect =)

Unknown said...

What's not to love-adorable tag, beautiful fireplace and such a lovely nativity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...