Friday, December 23, 2011

Sending Christmas Joy & Cheer

sendingchristmasjoyandcheer

Hi!!  I’m just sneaking this card in before the 25th.  My package from Ellen Hutson arrived at the beginning of the week and I just HAD to cut into the new October Afternoon paper…was this released a little too late this year or was it just me?  Anyways, I was happy to have made at least one card with it :)  I picked out a few of my favourite papers and then went from there.  The poinsettia is made with Dawn’s PTI poinsettia stamp set and dies…I have had fun with these this season :)  This was a hand delivered card this week…too bulky and wide for mailing, but it is going to a dear stamping friend here in town :)  Okay, I’ll leave you with our tree…much more beautiful IRL…the ornaments are a mixture of the dh’s and mine, which are mostly gifts from students through the years…a tree of loving memories :)  I may not be back here until after Christmas so here is one final “Merry Christmas!!”  Hugs to you in your part of the world…I appreciate your visits and sweet comments always :)

signature

IMG_4646

IMG_4662

IMG_4664 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti Christmas poinsettia, Stylish Sentiments Holiday

ink: versafine onyx, su ruby red, sahara sand

paper: pti rustic cream, cream, October Afternoon holiday style

accessories: pti banner, poinsettia, mat stack 4 dies, pearls, stitching

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Your tree looks gorgeous Moe! Nice and big for your beautiful new home!

I love your card. The papers are so wonderful and of course I love the poinsettia!

Staying in tonight...Pat caught a stomach bug. Hoping he's the only one that gets it!

Melisa Hunter said...

Maureen,

I loved my card! I brought it up to my studio, so that I could admire it while I was working on stuff. Now, it's back on the piano for everyone to see! Stopped by your house today to drop off your card. It looked like you weren't home, so I left it propped up against the door. When I see what time you posted, it looks like you might have been home! Merry Christmas, my dear friend! Talk to you soon!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really beautiful card Maureen. I must say that is one awesome Christmas tree. Merry Christmas From Ontario.

Marisa said...

Love making cards for card making friends as you know they will appreciate them :) Love the poinsettia and that colour combo. Sure she loved it :) What a fun tree too! Loving all that window space you have around it and I see your mantel is decorated too. Have a blessed Christmas!!

TannyP said...

WOWZA! Love that tree and this fabulous card! Good thing you have that new house with the large, perfect spot for the tree! The card....well those poinsettia's are divine! I just received my card yesterday and it's one of my all-time faves...thanks so much. It's sitting in a place of honour on our kitchen table. LOVE IT!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Yes, they were released too late this year! :) Adorable card and I love your tree! I hope you had a wonderful first Christmas in your new home!

Anonymous said...

Just checking out your blog and I am so impressed. You have the ability to put various elements on a card in just the right balance. Love all of your creations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...