Monday, December 26, 2011

A Wonderful Life and Happy Boxing Day!

wonderfullife
Happy Boxing Day, everyone!!  We had an amazing evening last night hosting Christmas dinner for both our families…30 people.  The new house is officially broken in!!  Everything went off without a hitch and I was so busy visiting and giving house tours that I didn’t even pick up my camera :)  I went out early this morning to pick up a few things at Pier 1.  Today is Boxing Day in Canada (and the UK I believe).  It’s kind of like the Thanksgiving Day sales in the US.  Most stores start their sales before Christmas, but not Pier 1.  We needed stocking hangers for the new fireplace and Pier 1 had the perfect, rustic looking ones.  However, I was not going to pay full price so I waited until today to pick these up…
2548202_2548215_2548228
They match the mantle perfectly!! Score!  Got back home before 9:00, cleaned up the kitchen some more, had a turkey bun (one advantage of hosting dinner…yummy leftovers!) and was able to make a card!  My sister from Texas wants to give a good friend of hers a special card for her birthday in a few days, so she asked if I would make one.  She picked out this sentiment and then I showed her some of my new papers and we decided on the colour palette.  I’ve used my beloved Verve stamps, ALL of which are on sale during the week long Good Buy sale HERE…first up is Tag Time on sale for 50% off! I used the graph paper tag stamp that coordinates with the tagged rectangle die on sale for 10% off.
image
The sentiment is from Words of Wisdom, on sale for 30% off!!
image
Check out the rest of the amazing sale HERE
sh11_02
AND when you’re there, please notice this little banner! Woohoo!! Let’s just say this Diva is a little excited about this one ;)  sh11_01
Okay, I’m off to do some online shopping myself!!  Thanks so much for dropping by…let me know what you are buying this week…maybe it’s something I need too!! LOL  Happy Shopping!!
signature

what’s in it?

stamps: tag time, words of wisdom (Verve)

paper: rustic cream (PTI), espresso, pumpkin, caribbean (SU), farmhouse (Crate Paper), Farmhouse (October Afternoon)

ink: onyx (Versafine), sahara sand (SU),

accessories: tagged rectangle die (A Cut Above dies by Verve), eyelet (SU), twine, button and ribbon (PTI), border punch (Fiskars), stitching

9 comments:

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Maureen and Happy Boxing Day.
The card is lovely and I must say the stocking hangers are devine, a really good find for next year.
If I don't get to your blog again before 1st Jan, I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year.
Regards Linda (Wales,UK)

Marisa said...

Love the stocking holders! Well done on the in and out. I was just crawling out of bed at 8:00 a.m. Up late making puzzles!

Greta card, love the colour combo. Whoo hoo on the release date :) B-Day celebrations will begin early LOL!

Enjoy a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce for me. We had prime rib so no turkey here.

TannyP said...

Score indeed! Those stocking holders are fabulous =) Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and a very productive Boxing day! Love this card - your papers were perfect and as usual, the stamping and details are exquisite.
Yahooo! More Verve =)

Melisa Hunter said...

Love this card! such gorgeous colours and a wonderful quote. glad to hear that your dinner was such a success! can't wait to see your house all finished!

Lynn said...

Hi Moe! so happy that your whole family was able to come over for Christmas. Sounds absolutely fabulous. I bet it was wonderful to have them all over to celebrate in your beautiful new home!

Your card is lovely! Love how you distressed the paper edges a bit.

Ahh...shopping...must stop and Verve is not helping :)!

Unknown said...

I love the stamps you used on this card, they are some of my fave that Julee's designed. Great paper choice and ribbon too!

Your stocking holders are perfect and so glad that you are in your new home and settled. :-)

Aimes said...

Hey Diva! Yup, we have Boxing Day here in the UK too though I never dare hit the sales - far too busy! Plus it's the day our family meet for my mum's birthday so cue Christmas Dinner #2! LOL!
So happy your house hosted your Christmas guests to perfection (bet you're the hostess with the mostess!)
Ahhh I love this sentiment; it's so true! Check out all the DP on it too!!! You're still my source of inspiration when it comes to cutting into my hoard of DP!
Right off to have a turkey cob (or bun) with some cranberry - yummy!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Luanne said...

So glad your first dinner went on without a hitch. :) I'm sure it was great. I just got the rectangle tag, and haven't even pulled it out yet! Your card has me eager to use it! Hope your sister loved it. (Love your stocking holders too!)

Andrea M said...

This card is AMAZINg, as always Moe! Love the colors and that awesome sentiment :)
30 people - WOW! What a great way to break in the new house. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and all the best for a prosperous and happy new year friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...