Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Peace, Joy & Love

peacejoylove

Good afternoon!!  It’s been a fun few days with my son here and the Christmas decorating mostly done :)  I needed to make one more special card and with 2 of my favourite challenges, this card was born.  It’s for the joy of my life, my son, Jake.  It uses the colour palettes for this week’s colourQ challenge AND this week’s JUGS colour challenge hosted by my bestie, Lynn :)  I’m calling a colour overlap on these challenges!!! Hope you think so too :)

cqc116

jugs

Just had to sneak in another woodgrain image…I just love this set!  Okay, I’m off to start the biscotti :)  Thanks for visiting :)  Cheers!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti modern woodgrain, wonderful words holiday

ink: versafine onyx, pti springmoss

paper: pti white, kraft, su cherry cobbler, echo park holly jolly, season’s greetings

accessories: pti word, edger and mat stack dies, ribbon

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh..Jake will adore this! I love how you made it a bit more masculine with the wood grain! So...has he been officially spoiled with his birthday cake? And yes...you can definitely can combine the color challenges :) Thanks for the shout out my dear friend! So glad you could play with us at Just Us Girls!

I'm off to go make a few last minute tags for gifts for my co-workers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Merry Christmas Maureen! Love the clean look of your card!! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Maureen! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and have a Happy Holiday!

Aimes said...

Oh I hope you're having a blast with Jake home, Diva! This card is wonderful! (I really do need those wood matstack stamps, don't I?!)
You well and truly rock the traditional (and fabulous IMHO) colour combo for the holidays, Diva!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

I second the color overlap. You are making me start to really like that woodgrain set...another thing to add to my ever growing PTI wish list LOL!

Trusting Jake's b-day cake has been made and enjoyed :) Biscotti with a latte sounds wonderful ;) Have a great day!

Jessica said...

Really cool card! I love the woodgrain label stamp, it goes so well with your scheme. I definitely have this stamp in my wishlist!

Elise said...

Awwwwwww! LYNN is your IRL, BESTIE! That is sooooooo fun! THIS is SUCH a fun card - your use of COLOR just makes me purrrrrrr! THANKS for sharing your crafty time with Just Us Girls!

Anita Scroggins said...

Lovely card! Wonderful use of the colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week. Merry Christmas!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful card. i love how that green patterned paper has both greens in it. Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Q.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Maureen, I just love this card! So gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at the colourQ this week, and congrats on being crowned this week's colourQueen!

Andrea M said...

Stunning card Moe!!! Such a fabulous use of layers and patterns! Don't you just love those PTI word dies!?! They're awesome! LOVE this - so glad you played along with Just Us Girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...