Friday, December 30, 2011

In Love With You (and Studio pics!)

inlovewithyou

Good morning!  Yesterday was a VERY EXCITING day!!  As I was leaving the house before noon, the postal truck drove up and had not one but TWO packages for me :)  Then, when I checked our mail box ANOTHER package had arrived.  THEN our new living room furniture arrived!!  Oh, it felt like Christmas all over again.  I also spent some quality time in the studio, organizing more paper and making a few cards.  The colourQ challenge was on my “to do for sure” list and I had fun using some new and old items on this card.  The challenge this week is to use black and white with a splash of one other colour.  Hmmm, which colour?!  After some auditions, I went with HOT PINK!!  She wins almost every time when adding a pop of colour :)  The paper is from last year’s Echo Park’s Be Mine kit.  I still love this and you will probably see more of it as we get closer to Valentine’s Day ;)

cqc117

I took a couple of pictures of the studio as it looked last night.  It’s a bit make shift right now until the new cupboards and counters come in and I can hang my ribbon holders on the wall.  But it’s starting to feel like “home.”

dec29studio

These are the 2 Ikea shelves we picked up in October.  They hold a LOT of things and were much cheaper than the ones in Nichole Heady’s new studio (if you follow the PTI newsletters).  HA!  There’s Seinfeld on t.v.!!  I picked up a cheap flat screen at Costco and it will be mounted on the wall soon too…counter space is expensive real estate in a studio, so anything that can be mounted on the wall will be :)

dec29shelvingunits

Now for something incredible that I discovered at Michaels this week!  The perfect die storage for my beloved Verve dies (which are on SALE right now!) and PTI dies.  I had 2 GCs from Santa to spend and LOVED going in after Christmas with them to pick up some Christmas and organization items on sale for 50 – 70% off!!  This little jewelry/drawer organizer was in one of the main aisles with a bunch of other matching organizers.  I thought it might be the perfect die holder and once I got home, I discovered it WAS!!  My dies fit perfectly!!  I went back to Michaels and picked up 2 more…for future growth!!  The right side, where my Verve dies are, is divided into 3 sections.  SCORE!!

diestorage

Well, that’s all for me :)  I’m off to the gym and then for a pedicure this morning.  Then back into the studio for some more inky time :)  Hope your week has been fabulous :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti love and marriage

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, echo park be mine dp

accessories: pti edger die and ribbon, Michaels button, bakers twine, gems

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay Moe, let's share a coffee and chat a bit (well, you'll have Starbucks and I'll have diet coke :))

I love your card today, but I need to chat about your studio. The flooring is gorgeous and your rug! Oh my, where did you get that? The design is beautiful. The Sahara Sand walls look perfect and the chandelier! It truly does look like Christmas in your studio! I love seeing all your goodies out and about ready for more of your lovely cards to be created. What a great idea for your dies too! So...how's your coffee? :) Happy Friday Moe!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love what you did for the ColourQ challenge. Wonderful card, I haven't cracked my Echo Park open yet. Thank you for sharing your studio. Having a place to create is so important and I know what you mean about the expensive real estate! Happy New Year!

Marisa said...

Fun Valentine's Day card. Lucky you with all the deliveries yesterday - I'm jealous LOL! Your new studio looks fabulous and great score on the die organizer :) Enjoy your day!

Tammy said...

Love how your panel doesn't go all the way up the card--the whit space helps that pink hot bow stand out even more!!
Your studio looks gorgeous!!! Fab die organizer too--I just wish I owned that many dies!!

Heidi said...

Maureen-

WOW: first off what fun all those packages.......... I am waiting for a few of mine own. I hope they arrive soon.

Your card, drooling......... I want to start making some V'day cards soon. I am loving it.

Your studio- lovely girl. And those organizers I do need to look for those. My stamps and dies are all in a drawer together and I do need them organized better. Thanks!

Happy New Year Girlfriend!
Heidi

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Can't wait to see more, Maureen! And your card is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE that delicious bow! Happy New Year!

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

What a lovely card Maureen. I love the colours you have chosen here.
I bet you are over the moon with the new studio, it looks so spacious.
Have a Happy New Year.
Regards Linda (S.Wales, UK)

TannyP said...

So it's official - I'm in love with your house =) How about if I start moving in next month?
I saw the shelves and thought "Wow - you got the same ones as Nichole!" LOL =)
Love that card - and when I think of you, I think of hot pink, so it's definitely YOU!

Andrea M said...

LOOKING GOOD!!! Both the card and the studio! Ain't Ikea grand ;)
Thanks so much for your BEAUTIFUL card!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love your new craft room, Maureen! I am so jealous! Enjoy it to the fullest. :)

Amber Hight said...

SCHMOOPY!!!!!!!!! I see George!!! I love how we both watch Seinfeld when we stamp, I always knew you were my twin;)

Julia Sáddi said...

Hi Maureen! Love this card of yours! Everything on the right measure and at the right place = perfect combination!
My name is Julia Sáddi and I am one of the first Coordinators of the very first Cardmaking blog in Brazil, called ACC, so please to meet you!
I have first seen your work at the Digital magazine Northridge and through them I got to know your blog. Maureen, we would love to have you as one of our International Guest Designer this semester. Therefore, could we check our agendas together, through e-mail!? Take care!
xox Julia Sáddi - Brazil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...