Friday, February 5, 2016

Clearly Besotted Release Day!


 Hi everyone!  I’m back with my last card for the Clearly Besotted Stamps Febraruy Release.  All the stamps and dies are on sale later today (10:00 BST) over in the CBS shop so be sure to go and check everything out!

I love to play with water colour...I am an amateur, learning and experimenting.  What's nice about water colour is that it is forgiving and even if you go out of the lines, you can just spritz some water on it and let the colours run a bit.  I used some distress inks and a water pen to colour in the tulips from the new You are Wonderful set, then spritzed some water and watched the colour pop out and create a cool shadow around the flowers.  If the card looks kind of "scrappy," it is!  My scrap pile is getting a little too big so I was determined to use some of them on this card.  The grey dotted strip, the yellow circle and the bronze stars are all scraps who have a new home now (this card, not my desk!).

Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments on this Clearly Besotted Release :)  Head over to Stephanie’s blog for some more inspiration and the Release Reveal contest!














5 comments:

Keren Baker said...

I love watercolouring for that very reason too. Such a pretty card- I admire anyone who can layer well, I'm rubbish at it! x

Bajalizzy said...

I would love to have received a card like this - so pretty - I like that extra textured paper in the star embellishments too

Marisa said...

Beautifully done! Well done using the scraps - always a great feeling to put a dint in them :)

Iris Esther López said...

What a pretty card.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful layering and coloring! Love the tulips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...