Monday, September 14, 2009

Thank-you ~ Sweet Sunday Sketch #35


Good morning! This is a prescheduled post...I am at work ;) Why do weekends fly by so quickly? We had gorgeous weather and I did enjoy some of it when I wasn't stamping :) I was digging through some old patterned paper in my Christmas stash and found this gorgeous polka dot paper. It's almost a perfect match to Cool Carribean! I stocked up on it before it retired but have a little bit too much of it now. Yes, you can have too much of something. Especially when there is other paper out there that is very close to the colour. I wanted a casual, country feel to this card and thought the tree image was perfect. I stamped it while it was still in the circle die so I would have a bit of a border around the image. Yes, leaves are not blue, but I think it works here. I added some bling, just 'cause :) Happy Monday to everyone...have a great week :)


What's in it?

Stamps: SU season of friendship, enjoy every moment

Paper: PTI vanilla; SU kraft, cool carribean, teal, choc chip; Memory Box dp

Ink: SU choc chip, carribean, sahara sand, soft sky

Accessories: gemstones, satin ribbon, large brad, circle nestabilities

10 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Oh this is so sweet. I love the colours that you used and the stamp set! And the bling is the perfect touch. This is a sketch I want to try but I just don't know if I'm going to have time.

Karen Giron said...

What a fun card! I love all the polka-dots and that gorgeous bow! I stocked up on Cool Caribbean too and ended up with way too much. Funny how that happens :) Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

Marisa said...

Love the polka dotted DP and the bling on the tree. Your card is darling. How do you preschedule a post?

Hope your classroom is a good one this year and things are settling in quickly. I'm having a heck of a time adjusting my time clock from summer to school hours! Must be that getting older thing LOL!

Nicki (CSS) said...

Great take on the challenge. Totally love polka dots and teal/brown is a staple color combo. And of course the bling, bling makes it uber fab!

Kristina said...

So gorgeous. I've always loved that stamp, and those colors seriously look like they were made to go with each other. What a soft, sweet card.

Thanks for the congrats! I thought the secret was going to kill me! I've known since July 23rd!! The entire slough of releasing stamps was definitely a fun perk this month and very kind to the wallet. :) What a crazy honor, huh?!

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous Maureen! Those colors are fabulous together, and I love how your image fits into that circle! I have the same set (just pulled it out yesterday to use) and it's such a big image, takes up most of the card....love how you used it here! And that bow is so pretty!

Basement Stamper said...

I love Cool Carribean, one of my all time favorite colors!!! I can't bear to part with it all :-)

Great card, love the tree and the rhinestones you put on it are perfect.

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful Card!!! Love the colors and the blue leaves!

Ann said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors and bling!

TannyP said...

What a perfect SSSC card! Your colors are so gorgeous and the bling is the perfect addition.
Looks like your light box is really working out for you =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...