Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Christmas Thank You ~ Embellish Colour Challenge


Good evening, everyone! The house is decorated (minus the tree which comes tomorrow), there is fresh snow outside and my son is coming home tonight...now it feels like Christmas!! Today's card is for the Embellish colour challenge. The yellow really threw me off and I kind of took the easy way out limiting its amount on the card. Oh well!! LOL I love this glittery snowflake diecut cardstock and thought the yummy chocolate ribbon would look nice against it. Oh, and yes, wide ribbon is difficult to tie! I fiddled with it for a while :) The sentiment was pretty lonely so I blinged it up with 2 rows of rhinestones :) I hope you are having a lovely evening.




What's in it?
Stamps: PTI signature christmas
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI white, kraft, Little Yellow Bicycle snowflake cardstock
Accessories: rhinestones, PTI buttons, SU line thread and choc chip satin ribbon

9 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is really beautiful.....have a fabulous time with your son...Merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Kristina said...

What fun colors! I might have to play along with this one this week. Yellow can be tricky. But there's no rule that says it has to be a huge presence on your card. I love the little yellow button accents!

Have a wonderful time with your son tonight! And enjoy sleeping in tomorrow!

Ann said...

Just beautiful!

Laural-Lee said...

Very pretty! Love the die cute paper. I don't use much yellow either. I usually stick to Saffron. Love the Kraft cs in the back ground.

I got your lovely christmas card. It's beautiful!! Love the colour!

Marisa said...

Lovely card, Maureen. Lovely ribbon and the pops of colour with the buttons is great. Glad you get your son home soon too :D Nothing is better than having your family around you at Christmas.

Winter said...

Beautiful card Maureen! :)

Aimes said...

Beautiful, stylish, elegant - it must be a card by Maureen! I love that you added only a little yellow - it's as scrummy as chocolate!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S We're on the same temperature today!

TannyP said...

Gorgeous! The colors work perfectly together - and yellow in small doses works for me. That cardstock is lovely....another hit!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

The snowflake pattern is great, Maureen! Great use of the colors. Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...