Wednesday, February 24, 2010

5 Things I Like {Love} About You

Good hump day morning!! Today's card is an experiment with some new (to me) paper and my new Top Ten stamp set from PTI (designed by Dawn Mc.). I wanted to use some notepaper styled dp because of the type-like font of the stamp. When I think of Mercy, I think of these colours...especially that bright happy orange :) This card is a little homage to Mercy who brings us these lovely sketches each week :) Well, once you say 5 things I like about you...you'd better finish the statement and not leave everyone hanging. Now, just let me warn you that it's late Tuesday night as I prepost this and I've just come off of a long work day, gym class, and watching our ladies curling team beat Russia on the internet (no, it wasn't televised...don't even get me started that 2 of our channels were covering the SAME event and I had to watch curling on a tiny box on the computer screen...) The inside is a little messy and there was no time to restamp...sorry!! This is a big no-no for me and will be fixed tonight. But the message is still the same...I like the way Mercy is genuine, creative, sassy!, sincere and fun-loving...of course the list goes on, but you get the idea :) Have a wonderful Wednesday...my baby is home this afternoon for some MOM-loving :)




What's in it?
Stamps: PTI top ten & top ten additions
Ink: SU choc chip, pumpkin pie, cool caribbean, rose red
Paper: PTI aquamist, cream, SU choc chip; cosmo cricket dp
Accessories: circle nestabilities, slot punch, ek success border punch, satin ribbon, prima flower, button

5 comments:

Winter said...

SO pretty! I love that stamp set, it has so many possibilities! Have fun being Momma! :)

Aimes said...

Oooh I could easily list 5 things I like about this card! Fabulous, colourful, thoughtful, pretty and fun!
Great take on the sketch and I LOVE those papers!
Don't worry we're still buddies, even if you did beat us at curling. We couldn't have lost to a better team! (At least we put up a little bit of a fight anyways!)
x

Marisa said...

Love that flowered DP and what a fun colour combo. Prima is a lovely touch.

Had a great mental picture of you steaming mad watching the curling on a computer screen :D At least Canada won. We were watching figure skating and crying as Joannie skated and then got a standing ovation from the crowd in support of her effort after the death of her mom....another one of those Olympic moments. Have a great day :D

Laural-Lee said...

This card is great. Your use of those colours will make Mercy proud. So much fun! I like your spiral binding punch at the bottom. I've got to use mine more!!!

Let me know when you're not using that set and I'll take it off your hands for a week :) LOL

TannyP said...

Soooo pretty =) Your colors are fabulous - Mercy is sure to love it!
Perfect paper choices, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...