Sunday, February 28, 2010

Make the Most of Yourself

Good afternoon!! Here I sit in the studio with the t.v. on, watching the overtime of the Canada/USA gold medal game...let's see who wins by the end of this post!! I hope the colours on my card aren't jinxing our team!! LOL (that's a nervous LOL, btw). Today's card is for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. The movie is Sp.........WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG...we just scored in overtime!!!!! The whole country is screaming....I can feel it in my body!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Luongo, our goalie, looks very relieved...LOL Our star, Sidney Crosby, scored it along with Jerome Iginla (who played junior hockey here in the WHL). I've never seen so many guys hugging at one time!! LOL

Okay, that was the biggest digression I've taken!! haha!! Back to the card. The movie this week is Spiderman and the challenge was to use acetate or transparency. The card started forming in my head last night...I saw this red background on cream and thought this silver webbing would be very cool to mimic a spider's web. I was going to go with a "You're my hero" sentiment...but I've been dying to use this one from Verve since I got it in January. I think it fits the theme of Peter's struggle with his powers and destiny. I punched out stars from an acetate sheet and layered them under the silver stars. I think this would be a great graduation card...I need to find a school that has blue, red and silver as their colours!! LOL Well, that's all for me. I'm off to start report cards and watch the closing ceremonies...have a lovely Sunday evening :)




What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Seeing Stars, PTI everyday classics, background basics retro
Ink: SU real red, black, basic grey
Paper: PTI cream, SU navy; silver cardstock
Accessories: brads, large and medium star punches, satin ribbon, silver webbing, SU ticket corner punch

15 comments:

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Adorable card Maureen!! Love the colors and stars! Nice work!! :)

TannyP said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Love the card, Maureen =) Absolutely fabulous colors - since Canada won, we'll forgive you ;-) and the webbing is perfect!

Rosanne said...

Great card, I love that saying!

Tammy said...

Fantastic incorporation of Spiderman theme/elements into the card!
Wasn't that overtime goal awesome?! Off to go watch the closing ceremonies now too!! Enjoy!

scrapperjulia said...

Very pretty, Maureen! Love the big red bow and the stars!

Juli Smith, said...

Maureen, this is lovely! I love everything about it - from understated backgrounds, to layering, to starts to color combo - it just strikes me as fresh and clean and eye-pleasing. Great job!

Marisa said...

After watching 30+ hours of Olympic coverage this weekend, I am SO far behind in challenges and sketches it hurts LOL! Don't know how you can watch and stamp at the same time - I tip my hat to you as I was waaaaaay to involved and wired to even think of anything else LOL! Poor cat went running again as we cheered Canada on and I had tears streaming down my face as we sung Oh Canada withe everyone at the game when they raised the Canadian flag. Wow, what an Olympics!!! Bummer the closing ceremonies sucked!!!

Okay, now on to the card :D Great work with the stars. I really do need to get some star punches or dies. Like the "webbing" too. Well done :D

Laural-Lee said...

Not only did we win it was an awesome game!!! I don't think I've seen anything like it USA gave Canada such a run for the gold!

I digress....this card is fantastic Maureen. AS soon as I saw it I knew exactly what challenge it was for! You nailed it!!! I love that quote!!

Betty J Schaub said...

So pretty and a very inspiring quote. The patterns and colors play well together.

Nancy K said...

Very pretty Maureen! Love how you used just a little acetate for the stars and that silver webbing is perfect!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Congrats on the great card and the hockey win! I'm with Marisa - so far behind but you've inspired me to get back at it!

Winter said...

Oh, I love this card! Love the stars! :)

samaranavi.blogspot.com said...

This is a very classy card! you have used so many elements, and subtle, yet striking. I noticed the ribbon at the last moment (or sparkles??) on top of the background (which is just beautiful.) It is so beautiful how you placed the stars because neither they nor the ribbon overtake but work so beautifully together. So very nice.

Anonymous said...

Maureen, this is so pretty. I love the details. Great stars too!

Brooke S said...

Maureen,
There you go again with another amazing card... I love all the little detail but yet it's so simple and clean. I want to be you when I grow up and make cards... Ha I know I am probably older that you.. The sentiment is sooo true... I defiantly think of Uncle Ben with this Sentiment . The balance of everything on this card is really great.. Sweet box as well.

Thanks for playing
{HUGS}
BROOKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...