Thursday, July 1, 2010

O Canada!!

Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian blog buddies!!!  She doesn't look a day over 143!!! Today is my "New Year's Day" as my school year has ended and I'm on vacation :D  I've been busy these last few days with moving my classroom as well.  I heard last Friday that my request to transfer to a new school went through :D  It's a school that is in the same neighbourhood as the lot we have and will build on next Spring.  I know many of the teachers there and went up to see my new classroom yesterday.  So I haven't been in the studio much!!! EEK!!  I have been thinking about this card, though.  I really wanted to make a Canada card with my new SU set.  It wasn't going to be a Canada flag at first, but then the idea popped into my head and I went for it :)  Some embossing, stitching and bling jazz it up a bit :D  We are heading to the big city park in the morning for the annual art sale :)  I usually run into a lot of teachers and we all have BIG smiles on our faces :)  Have a wonderful day and thanks for spending a few moments with me :)


What's in it?
stamps: su glorious and free
ink: su ruby red, versafine onyx
paper: pti kraft, white, bitty dots dp; su ruby red, black
accessories: stitching, ribbon, button, linen thread, gemstones, cuttlebug ef

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Perfectly gorgeous! LOVE the design, the embossing and red...my fave color! :)

Maureen Reiss said...

Love this card!! Sooo pretty. My dad's from Toronto, born and raised. All his side is still there. He would love this one.

Marisa said...

Fabulous :D Love the design on the maple leaf and the touches of bling you added. Great stitching and embossed center panel too.

Happy New Year's Day to you as well as Happy Canada Day :D It's also our anniversary so a fun day to celebrate. Enjoy!

Naomi said...

I absolutely love it. I don't think I would have thought about making a Canada Day card, and certainly if someone told me to base it on the flag I would think it a boring challenge BUT you totally kicked it up a notch. I love all the "glorious" details--makes this Canadian proud! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

love the card moe! see you tomorrow...

Laural-Lee said...

Maureen, I loved this card so much I had to link it up on my blog! Love all the textures and bling. Gorgeous!!! I like how you made a flag without it making it tacky....not that I think it's possible for you to make anything tacky.

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous Maureen! I love the flag layout :) Happy Canada Day!!!

TannyP said...

Seriously stunning. I was drooling over this yesterday and feeling extra love for Canada with such a beautiful creation you've blown me away with. Those bits of bling and all of your embossing...yummy! Makes me glad to have completed the 15K yesterday...cuz it's all about celebrating the country!

Kristina said...

I had to comment on this one too. It just makes me smile! I love how you turned your card into a flag! Did you get anything fun at the art show? Mammoth always has one for the 4th of July as well, but I think I've yet to ever buy anything, lol. I just go for the yummy food. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...