Friday, May 20, 2011

You Put a Song in My Heart

songinmyheartvlvmay4

TGIF everyone!! I actually have today off!!  My staff did a Professional Development day in August and today is our day off in lieu :)  AND if I’m lucky, my husband is taking me out for breakfast! I LOVE going out for breakfast and don’t do it often so it’s a real treat when we do go :)  Today’s card is for this week’s Viva La Verve sketchDiva Charmaine has come up with a sketch that got me thinking about my Fleur De Lis shapeabilities and the little corner fleur de lis.  I love the way they frame my FABRIC covered chipboard frame.  I loved making one for this month’s Get Your Diva On, so I wanted to make another one with some more of my SU fabric.  Then I pulled out a corrugated bird and a fabulous Recollections blossom.  Oh, my!! I love this card!!  This Swan Song sentiment was the perfect final touch.  I LOVE this set and I bought it because of the main sentiment, “ A bird sings not because it has an answer, but because it has a song.”  ACK!! How fantastic is that?  I hope your Friday has started out right.  Thanks so much for visiting…now head over to the Verve Forum and check out this week’s challenge :)

signature

VLVMay11Week4Sketch

what’s in it?

stamps: verve swan song

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, cream, su soft suede, kiwi kiss, lilybean design dp

accessories: fleur de lis, labels 5 and oval nestabilities, chipboard coaster, su fabric, jillibean corrugated bird, brown pearl, pti button and banner die, thread, recollections flower, stitching,

5 comments:

TannyP said...

You're definitely not the only one who loves this card...what a beauty! Great sketch use, too =)

.adri. said...

What a beautiful card! :D

-Adri
www.macheriecreations.com

KimCreate said...

So different AND beautiful. Kim

Lynn said...

Oh Maureen, this is going on the all time favorite list for your cards! I love the frame on this...the design is BEAUTIFUL!!

Marisa said...

I may have to use your Diva liberties on this sketch and skip the three panels ;) Love the blossum too! Going to have to hunt for those :) Wonderful touches in the corners and the corrugated bird is too cute. Great card!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I'm living vicariously through you and your breakfast out LOL! Enjoy your extra day off!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...