Friday, March 8, 2013

You’re My Lucky Charm (and my new toy!)

luckycharmmaureenplut

Good Friday morning!  I’m back to loving Fridays now that report cards are done!  I finished early last Sunday so I had time to clean up the studio a bit…boy does THAT feel good :)  I love clean counters so that’s what I was working on.  With a little bit of pre Spring Cleaning, I was ready to bring out some GREEN to start the birthday celebrations.   According to the widget on the side of my blog, there are only 9 more days till my favourite day of the year :)  Nothing like the new Viva La Verve sketch to get the old mojo running…

VLVMar2013Wk2sketch 

For all the deets on how to win a $100 Verve gift certificate, head over to the Viva La Verve forum.  AND there’s a new sale on over at the Verve Store…make sure to check that out too! 

Mar13EasterAd_550

Oh, and before I go, I just HAVE to share a little picture of the new toy in my classroom…

 IMG_6706 

I didn’t know how much I was going to love my new SMART Board until I turned it on and started to play.  I only know a fraction of what it’s capable of, but it’s all mine to find out :)  It’s like a giant iPad, but better!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend starts out in the best way :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Love Notes, Lucky You (Verve)

paper: white (Papertrey Ink), Victoria Park (Lilybee Designs), gold (craft supply)

ink: onyx (Versafine), Gumbo Green, Chocolate chip (Stampin’ Up)

accessories: Shamrock Set, Jotted Heart Die, Pennant Trim (A Cut Above by Verve), button (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft), stitched mat die (L’il Inkers), bakers twine (Twinery)

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Fab card! Love the edge of little pennants!!
Yes, you'll LOVE the SmartBoard. Our whole school had BrightLinks installed last year (a cheaper version of the SmartBoard), and it has been so great. Just yesterday I had my grade 9s playing an online grammar game, and one of them asked, "Can we play this on our own at home?". The kids love being able to come up to play with the board!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card...

The Paper Parade said...

Loving the wood look of the heart and the way you tied the twine around it, and those little banners are too cute :)My dad had a smart board when he was teaching elementary school music and he loved it!

Linda said...

wow! thanks for the inspiration.

Marisa said...

Love your take on the sketch. I see the shamrocks are coming out to play :) My kids LOVED having SMART boards in their classes and were always disappointed when their next year's teacher didn't use one. Enjoy it to the max!

Barb said...

What an amazing tool for a teacher! That is going to be so much fun for both you and your students - enjoy!

Your card is fabulous, Maureen! Love the addition of the brown heart and banner!

Caryn said...

Gorgeous Maureen - I love the added bling - just the perfect touch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun new toy! And your card is just fabulous! Let the countdown begin. :)

Christine said...

Love your card and can't wait to play along with the sketch challenge. I am so jealous of your smart board and hopeful that one will someday make its way into the budget for my classroom. Happy teaching!

Lynn said...

The smart board looks awesome. The boys teachers have them and love them! So cool all the amazing things you can do with them! I love today's card...it is most definitely time to break out the shamrocks and you've rocked them!!

Suzanne said...

I love the touches of wood especially on the banner. This is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...