Monday, August 25, 2014

Time After Time ~ PTI Stamp-a-faire

timeaftertimemaureenplut

Hi friends!  I’m back with the last challenge before I post my finale :)  This Time After Time challenge was the ultimate challenge.  Find one of your first cards and remake it in your present style!  I think the hardest part of the challenge was digging out those old cards and being able to make a new card through all the cringing and embarrassment!  I don’t have any of my old cards so I went back to my very first Blog post back in July 2009.  YIKES!

If nothing else, I can honestly say that I’ve improved over the years IMHO!  I was a slave to sketches back then and now either use my own layouts or use sketches and change them slightly to fit my style.  I still LOVE bold colours and buttons and made sure to include those with my love of doilies and sequins.  I also would rather stamp my flowers than use premade ones.  I’m happy to see that my photography skills have improved even though I use the same kind of camera (which will be updated soon as it doesn’t connect to my computer any more as of Saturday :(  ).  Okay, one more post for today and then I’m done!  Thanks for hanging in with me!

signature

Time-after-time

All supplies are PTI except patterned paper, doily, sequins and flourish image

3 comments:

Marisa said...

What a fun challenge :) Love the remake and the fabulous bright colours.

Lynn said...

I can sit here and say...name that Stampin' Up catalog item. From the buttons, to the brad, to the scalloped edge punch to the embossing folders. Smiling from ear to ear as I think I could have made this exact card when I started my blog at the exact same time you did! love your remake. Much cleaner feel...beautiful! All your favorite elements!

Rubeena I. said...

these are so nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...