Sunday, April 11, 2010

Precious Loving Memories


Good morning!!  Today's card is for the Viva La Verve weekly sketch.  We are looking at Living Rooms this month and it's always so hard to choose one inspiration photo to use.  However, I really loved the bold colours of this picture and couldn't resist using them.


Red, rust, golden yellow, green, grey, black and cream.  Oh, wow!! I also wanted to use my new PTI blooms dies and stamp set.  The dies cut like buttah!!  Right through felt, no problem-o.  I'm really going to have fun with this set...and watch for more vellum flowers to come in the near future :)  The lamp base looked like a row of silver pearls to me so I added some to the sentiment for good measure :)  The rust cardbase is embossed with Diamonds in the Rough embossing folder.  If you click on the photo, it should get bigger and you'll be able to see this detail.  Have a wonderful morning....I'll be watching the Canadian Men's curling team play Norway for the World title :)  Wish us luck :)

What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Forever in our Hearts, PTI Beautiful Blooms 2
Ink: versafine onyx, SU more mustard
Paper: SU really rust, more mustard, old olive, black, PTI cream, bitty boxes dp; script dp (craft supply)
Accessories: oval nestabilities, silver pearls, PTI blossom die, felt, button, floss, SU little leaves die, cuttlebug ef

6 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Lovely card! I'm really diggin' the black accents. Cute flower! The thing I like about those dies is that it cuts so cleanly you don't have to worry about what side of the paper you use.

Heidi said...

gorgeous card, just perfect for the occasion. I love the colors too!

Brooke S said...

Great card.. You are so fast! I just hurried and posted the card so I wouldn't miss the deadline.. I was working on the words when I saw you left a little message.. LOVE YA!

LOVE the colors your pulled from the inspiration photo. The soft texture is perfect.. You are always one on my favorites in all challenges and basically I just love your style!

HUGS
BROOKE

Angie Tieman said...

How gorgeous!! Love how you combined these colors together on your card!

Kristina said...

I took one look at that inspiration picture, loved it, and then moved on, lol. Those colors scared me! But you worked them out beautifully! I love the embossed background, and the little silver pearls do look like the bottom of the lamp!

It's back to the work grind for me tomorrow morning. I am so not excited about getting up at 6 again. I love sleeping in!

TannyP said...

Wowee, M! You really are a machine with the gorgeous cards that you constantly produce. Perfect bling as always - and those flowers are LOVELY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...