Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SMILE (and some fun news!)

Good Wednesday morning, everyone!!  Today's card is a bit out there for me with those side panels...but I went for it.  I picked up this "smile" stamp in the big bin of stamps at Michaels on the weekend.  I have several "smile" stamps, but this one had such a fun font, I couldn't resist (or the $1.50 price tag!).  This is the new sketch over at the Card Positioning Systems blog.  I've been following it for several weeks now.  I find, like many of you, that you just can't follow everything...so I focus on a few at a time to see what they're like.   
Okay, now for the fun news!!  Many of you know that Ashley Cannon Newell, has been working on a new e-zine (web magazine) called Embellish.  She has a very active Embellish blog with challenges every 2 weeks.  Last Fall, she sent a card call out for the first publication.  I was fortunate enough to have 2 cards published :D  (2 more seconds of fame!)  The magazine is ready now and you can subscribe on line HERE.  It's only $3.00!! You will love it!!  Ashely has really done an incredible job setting everything up and has included interesting articles about colour, twine and trends.  She has even done write ups on all the designers!!  It really is a beautiful publication if you are looking for inspiration :)


If you have seen it, let me know your thoughts...thanks!!  Have a wonderful Wednesday...2 more days to go :)

What's in it?
Stamps: studio g
Ink: SU basic grey
Paper: PTI white, lavender moon, basic grey sugar rush dp
Accessories: stitching, PTI ribbon, cuttlebug ef, MS butterfly punch, gemstones

7 comments:

Marisa said...

I saw that stamp and for some dumb reason put it back in the bin - kids were cranky and I was indecisive LOL! Hopefully next time round it will still be there. Love the butterflies down the side. Great job with the sketch and congrats again on your publication :D

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! I love this cutie card with all the butterflies! AND I saw your cards and write-up in the mag. AWESOME! Big hugs to you!

TannyP said...

Awesome job on a challenging sketch =) Your butterflies are perfect and I don't know how you manage to get such great deals in that bin, but I can never seem to find a thing =)

Lea L. said...

Your card is lovely! The butterflies are a great touch, and I love the bow! That ribbon is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Laural-Lee said...

You did a wonderful job with that sketch Maureen. I've got it sitting on my desk waiting for tonight. Love the colours used. Beautiful ribbon and butterflies.

Lynn said...

Congratulations...very exciting! I"m going to have to go purchase the magazine!!!

Winter said...

Cute card and I love the font on the sentiment! And Congrats to you! I saw it the other night and was like WOO HOO Maureen! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...