Friday, June 8, 2012

One Day at a Time

oneday

Good Friday morning!  Oh, do I need a weekend!  It’s been grey and cold and rainy here and our poor drenched sundeck has had no lovin’ for over a week! ACK!  “They” promise us some sun on Monday, so until then, it’s one day at a time!!  How about THAT for a lead in!  My card today not only uses the brand spankin’ new Verve Plain Jane, but the fabulous new Viva La Verve sketch by Diva Tosh!  As I was flipping through my new paper pads, I stopped at this fun hot air balloon page in Basicgrey’s What’s Up?  It made me think of the Verve set Up Up and Away that has not seen ANY loving in the new studio! Double ACK!  And that’s basically how the whole card came together.  Want to win some serious Verve bucks?  Play all month long with all our sketches and you could win $100.00 of Verve GCs!  AND that will go even farther with the current Verve SaleJune12HP_01

So what are you waiting for?  Head over to the Verve SCS forum and join in all the fun!  See you there and TGIF, rain or shine!

p.s. I’m also using some more of that fabulous Bazzill Basics card stock!  Super thick, 100lbs weight, with fabulous names that will make you drool!  And check out their cool Matchmaker page to match their cardstock with popular designer papers!

signature

VLVJunWk2sketch 

what’s in it?

stamps: One Day plain jane, Up Up and Away (Verve)

paper: taffy, lollipop, peanut cluster, icy mint (Bazzill Basics), what’s up (Basicgrey)

ink: onyx (Versafine), tea dye (PTI)

accessories: long rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies, labels 21 die (Spellbinders), twine (PTI), resin flower (Prima), paper doily, seeing spots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), stitching

10 comments:

Lynn said...

amen, amen to the weekend! Can't wait...hoping to sleep in both day! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love those chevron stripes. I've been shopping in the Verve store thanks to your enablign.

And...more importantly. I received the kindest card yesterday in the mail. Absolutely made my week. Thank you so much my dear friend.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Maureen. Love the hot air balloons. Great colors and papers. The resin flower looks lovely!

Marisa said...

You aced the sketch, Moe :) Great use of the balloons as well as the new PJ. Happy Friday!!

The Paper Parade said...

What a very cool card!!! Those balloons are too cool, but I really love the different fonts and sizes of the sentiment.

Vickie Z said...

I agree.. amen.. To the weekend! Love the Verve balloon and perfect with papers!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful blend of papers and then I love the red scallop background that highlights those great balloons.

Unknown said...

Stunning Maureen!!! Love this!

sandie said...

sounds like our week here in London but with no promise of sun!
Love the mix of papers and the 'plain jane' sentiment x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the balloon! Your colors are fabulous!
And...loved your cards in the magazine! Great job!!!

Christiana said...

Ooh! I adore this card! Absolutely stunning! I'm in love with those BG papers, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...