Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Verve Diva Inspirations June Blog Hop

 grace

Good morning!  Several of us Verve Release Divas are joining our fabulous Verve Inspiration Divas to showcase some old Verve favourites and to reveal 2 sweet new Plain Janes that are being released today! My stamps arrived at the 11th hour (yesterday!) so I was able to create a little something with the new Grace Plain Jane.  Whenever I get a new verse or sentiment, I immediately put it up against the Verve Label Dies to see which ones I can use!  I liked the way this Plain Jane looked on the Classy Label Die.  I then added some All Aflutter butterflies to add a little more elegance.  Okay, now onto the card that was my backup in case the stamps arrived at the 12th hour…

courage

I chose this quote from the Blue Skies set.  It reminds me of another quote I’ve heard about Courage/Bravery.  “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had good things happen to you.”  I also wanted to make a sweet little wooden butterfly with the Flutterby butterfly from Chicks Rule and its matching die.  Speaking of which, a new Verve Sale starts today…all the dies AND their coordinating stamps!!  After the blog hop, make sure you head to the Verve Store and check it all out.  Thanks for visiting, now onto Teresa’s blog!! 

signature

DIH_GenericHopBadge200

 

          1. Betty     9. Amber

          2. Jackie  10. Amy

          3. Jen d.  11. Andrea

          4. Jen T.  12. Janelle

          5. Julee    13. Laurie

          6. Sankari 14. Maureen

          7. Sony      15. Teresa

          8. Susan     16. Tosh

 

 

what’s in them?

 

grace

stamps: Grace Plain Jane, All Aflutter Plain Jane, Love Notes, Twitterpatted (Verve)

paper: kraft, rustic cream (PTI), espresso (SU), Gabrielle (Bo Bunny)

ink: onyx (Versafine), sahara sand, close to cocoa (SU)

accessories: Classy Label Die, All Aflutter Die (A Cut Above by Verve), circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders), gems (Kaisercraft), seam binding (MemrieMare), buttons and twine (PTI), resin flower, stitching

 

courage

stamps: Blue Skies, Chicks Rule (Verve)

paper: soft stone (PTI), Take Note (Studio Calico)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: Flutterby Die, Rounded Rectangle Die (A Cut Above by Verve), spiral notebook page die, button(PTI), bakers twine (Twinery), ribbon (Michaels)

42 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay..some absolutely serious enabling going on here. I feel a shopping spree coming on :) I love, love, love the Grace Plain Jane and I just had a click through on the Blue Skies set. Oh my...I'll be shopping! Way to highlight the beautiful Verve stamps!

Gloria Westerman said...

These are so pretty....and this collection is a must have....thanks for sharing....

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Maureen! Definite must-haves on these!

Kim said...

Maureen, those color choices are awesome and I love those stamps you showcased!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful cards, Moe! Love the new PJ on the Classy Label!

Tricia T said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards! Makes me want to pull out my Verve stamps and play!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful cards...I love the sentiments.

marilynwillauer said...

Beautiful cards!

Mary Marsh said...

I just love your 11th hour card-its so fabulously vintage-your backup is equally as beautiful

Marisa said...

LOVE that new PJ sentiment. On to the wish list it goes :) Love the colour combo too. Great back up card too :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Lovely cards...both of them! I especially love the varied layered shapes on the first one!

Karen Day said...

Two beautiful cards today, Maureen!

Karen Wedding said...

What great cards. I really like the Courage stamp you used on the second card. What a perfect statement. Good job!

Marsha said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the color combos.

Chris said...

two great cards, I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite.

Luanne said...

These are just beautiful! Love them both!

sandie said...

both sentiments are gorgeous. I love the colour of the ribbon bow on your first card and that wooden butterfly on card 2 is just fab

Ravengirl said...

Beautiful cards! They are both very inspiring today!

jan farnworth said...

great cards.

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards! The grace sentiment really does fit perfectly in that diecut frame. And I love the blue paper.

Queen Mary said...

LOVE both of these plain janes! I love the seam binding bows you make!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Two super fantastic cards Moe!! Love the chocolate/turquoise color palette of the first with the sweet butterflies and buttons!! And the yellow/gray combo with the white...equally as fabulous!!

Cathy (Merciechild) said...

Wow, both your cards are awesome, sure glad I don't have to pick which one i like the best, they are both winners . Both of those sentiments are magnificent. I need to get those sets, they are perfect for our ministry and would be great on the cards we send out.Thank ou for sharing with us. Hugs, Cathy K

Vickie Z said...

Yes....there is some enabling! Love both of these cards and love the new PJs!!!

andrea said...

2 more beautiful cards. I love the papers-good choices. Love them!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards! Just amazing how you can "whip up" a card like that! Both of those sentiments are profound, and you sure know how to dress them up!

Kelly said...

Both of your cards are very pretty, I am really into the new PJ sentiments. I love how you used them.

Darlene Gabriel said...

These cards are so both beautiful. I especially like the blues and browns on the first one.

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards and great color combos.

stampingbowd said...

Ooops! you can delete my top comment! I love BOTH your cards! Both sentiments are fabulous! Who knew when I started hopping along this hop that I would end up feeling so encouraged!!!!

Tammy said...

Maureen!!!
There's just something powerful about how the butterfly wings are 'flying' right behind/beside ----GRACE---really special:) This is a super special card-thank you for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Christine said...

Great cards! I love the "courage" sentiment. It would be great in the classroom!

TannyP said...

Such a beautiful pair of cards with awesome butterflies! Your papers are perfect as always, as are the details...buttons, bling & ribbonry...oh my!

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Whatever the hour, both of these cards are worthy additions and lovely creations!

Lisa Rea said...

Your creations are always so unique - the textures, colors, patterns... love it! Thanks so much for sharing in this hop!

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions
www.ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com
lisa dot rea at kbmg dot com

Lynn Noe said...

Oh my goodness! Both cards are beautiful. I love the colors the stitching, each layout, AND both sentiments!

Maryleva said...

Beautiful cards. Love your style.

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Look at these beauties! Not one, but two fabulous creations! Hope you are doing well, Moe! School out for summer yet?

Jan Garber said...

Both cards are so pretty! I love the wooden butterfly and your stitching on the first!

Helen said...

Two beautiful cards. They are both so different, but have so many special elements to them. Great work!

Rizwana said...

Both very pretty cards love the colours and layouts.
Hugs Rizwana

Megan Tucker said...

Such gorgeous colours- Both cards are just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...