Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thank You, Luke!

thankyoumaureenplut

Hi everyone!  Today’s card is not for a DT post nor for a challenge.  Today’s card was inspired by my nephew, Luke, the photographer of the family :)  I must say that I am super proud of all my nieces and nephews.  So far, they’ve all gone onto further education after high school and as far as I can tell, all love what their chosen studies have been :)  Luke is studying to become a Civil Engineer at the same school where my son is AND they recently became roommates.  Cool!  They hung out a lot as children so it’s fun to see them do the same as adults :)  Anyways, Luke’s “hobby” is photography and while perusing some of his photos, I thought it would be cool to get some enlarged onto foam core and put into our main floor powder room bathroom.  I have really been conscience of filling the new home with items that mean something so Luke’s photos were perfect.  One of the 3 photos is this leaf image so that’s where I started with my card.

leaf

I put my little leaf into a polaroid frame, added some fun papers and called it a perfect masculine thank you card day!  I know Luke will love it :)  Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day :)

signature

 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti inside and out: thank you, leaf prints, fabulous frames

ink: versafine onyx, su choc chip, pumpkin pie

paper: pti white, american crafts soho garden

accessories: pti fabulous frame, leaft print dies, staple, rustic twine

7 comments:

Aimes said...

What a beautiful picture! Your nephew must be gifted on both hemispheres of the brain with being able to capture such a beautiful shot & studying to be a civil engineer too!
Of course, this talent must be genetic as your card inspired by Luke's picture is a beauty too! Forget spring, I now want autumn to come!
Hugs!
Duchess
x
P.S I received your beautiful card, Diva. Your words are so sweet & comforting & that sentiment really touched my heart. Thank you so much! xxx

Lynn said...

Maureen, Luke's picture is absolutely incredible. You'll have to share the other 2 photos with us as well. Your take for his thank you card is gorgeous. The mix/match of patterns for his card is beautiful. You rocked a masculine thank you!

PS I hope you and Tony are having a fabulous weekend away!

Marisa said...

Love that picture of the leaf Luke took! Great choice to blow up. darling card you created too. Love the colour combo and mix of patterns.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I used to work for a civil engineering firm - I really admire people who can think the way it takes to do that job!!

What a perfect masculine card, and yet it's still so true to your style!

TannyP said...

Such lovely inspiration and you've used it beautifully! Gorgeous card - I'm sure he'll love it!

Helen F. said...

Your nephew's inspiration photograph of that leaf is amazing! Love the card you made for him.

Christina said...

Your nephew has a real talent--his photo is fantastic! And I'm filing away this cool color scheme for a future masculine card. Love the framed leaf and mix of patterns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...