Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Celebrating Your (29th) Birthday!

yourbirthdaymaureenplut

Good morning!  It seems the only time I get to view the video and make a card for PTI’s Make It Monday is when there is a long weekend.  So that’s exactly what I did.  And lucky for me, it was Dawn McVey working her magic again so I CASEd her again!  I used her layout and then made my own spin on it with different colours and 5 different stamp sets.  Now the other great thing about a long weekend is that I’m almost guaranteed some kind of happy mail once the mail starts moving again (because I did a lot of online shopping on the break! lol).  Sure enough, the special stamp I ordered during Spring Break arrived today! 

newstamp

I used to have a Stampin' Up stamp with my name on it for the backs of my cards, but it wore out!  EEK!  Then I was using a “Handmade with Love” stamp which was sweet, but didn’t say who made the card.  So I went hunting on Etsy and found a shop with some funky stamps.  I put 2 of their designs together and we came up with this!

cardbackstamp

So now people will know who made their card and can come visit me on my blog :)  Here’s the stamp on today’s card :)  It stamped perfectly the first time too!  So kudos to the stamp makers at Stamp Out On Line over at their Etsy Shop!  I’m a satisfied customer!

cardback

What do you put on the back of your cards?  I’d love to hear!  Thanks for stopping by!

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: PTI Fancy Flourishes, The Sweet Life, Desktop File: Inspiration, Movers and Shakers: Sentiments, Fabulous Frames

ink: versafine onyx, su tangerine, going gray, old olive, rose romance, pti raspberry fizz, spring moss

paper: pti rustic white, raspberry fizz, bitty box basics, su tangerine

accessories: pti the sweet life dies, scallop border die, gems

22 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the card...the layered stamping looks fabulous and the sweet little 29 sentiment is just perfect!

And your stamp...woohoo! I love it!

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful card, Maureen. I especially love the coloration of the two stepped rose repeated in the layers of card stock.

Thanks for the link to Stamp Out on Line. Just what every stamper has always wanted!!

Luanne said...

Love your card!! The flourishes are so great in the background. Just wonderful! I have the same SU name stamp. I took my craft knif, and cut the SU part off, because I use PTI most of the time now. Hehe... Your new stamp is perfect!

scrappingnana said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the colors and design. The cute little No. 29 is perfect.

I use a "Hand Stamped By" stamp
and sign my name & year on the backs of my cards.

Barb said...

What a fantastic combination of stamps, Maureen! Gorgeous card!

Love your name stamp! I have a really simple one that my hubby gave me for Christmas one year - with my name and blog URL - very similar to yours and I love it too! :)

Marisa said...

Way to rock that challenge! Fabulous mix of images. Great stamp for the back of your cards too.

Lindsey said...

This card is fantastic! I love the colors, the stamps you chose, and the masterful way you mixed them all together in a fabulous collage. And I love your new name stamp.

Debra said...

I love your new stamp. I use a little arc that says 'stped for you from my heart' and then I have my first name I stamp across it at the base. Has become my signature as I've used it for years. Will have to change it soon as the name stamp is a cheapy, and it's falling apart.

Cindy Lyles said...

Hi Maureen! Your new stamp is darling, and absolutely adore the no.29!!! For finished products I use clear Avery 15660 labels with a laser printer and have my logo and email address in color. With using textured card bases for so many finished products it proved impossible to use any sort of stamp, and I wanted it to be cohesive for all finished products. The clear labels solved this dilemma. Hope you are having a fabulous week!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Maureen.
Love the back also ~ how cool that you combined parts to create your own unique sign :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous collage - love the contrast of the grid lines and flourishes! Your new name stamp is terrific - will be checking out that Etsy store :)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! I love your new stamp, too.... looks great!

Alex said...

Beautiful card, the colors go great together! Love your new personalized stamp!

Birgit said...

Love your card... everything about it. Your new personal stamp is great too!

Heidi said...

Love the card Maureen!

To sign the back of my cards I have 2 different signature stamps (ebay). The first is a swirly heart with my name in the middle and the other is a circlular stamp that has H monogram and my website as well. I love them, just have to remember to use them more often.

Elizabeth S. said...

Gorgeous card.

Jann Gray said...

Love your card...so very pretty! Thanks too for sharing where you got your "made by" stamp...am definitely in the market for a new one...love yours! Thanks for the inspiration!

Aimes said...

Oh Diva I love the way you've incorporated the 29 on to that card! And don't even get me started on the mix of patterns and stamping: AWESOME!
You've got me thinking I need to get a personalised stamp...maybe you should get another one with 'Diva' on and I can get one with 'Duchess' on! LOL!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Cornelie said...

Want to do this myself! Great card!!

Sara Mac said...

*Sigh* this card is just perfect! Love everything about it.

Crafty Kate said...

First of all, I love your card Maureen! Gorgeous colors! Second, I currently do not put anything on the back of my cards, but have always secretly wished for a personalized stamp like yours! So...I think I'm going to check out the etsy shop you recommended! Thanks for the lead!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the elements of your card. I especially like the different sentiments and adding the '29' as you did. So fun and beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...