Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Birthday

vlvwk4maureenplut

Happy Friday everyone!  Let’s start the weekend off right with a new sketch AND inspiration photo over on the Viva La Verve forum.  I took some colours and the butterfly from the inspiration photo and then played around with the sketch elements.  There’s no ribbon in this week’s sketch, but I really wanted to use some more of Verve’s Spring Fling ribbon ‘cause that’s just me and it is so delicious!  I’m using a sweet birthday sentiment from Small Celebrations which just so happens to be ON SALE right now in the Verve Store.  For LOTS more details about today’s challenge, check out the Viva La Verve forum!  It’s a great way to start the weekend.  Woohoo! Cheers!

signature

VLVApr13Week4Sketch VLVApr2013Inspic 

what’s in it?

stamps: Small Celebrations (Verve)

paper: rustic white (PTI), basic gray (SU), Prairie Chic, Isabella (Bo Bunny)

ink: basic gray (SU)

accessories: Spring Fling seam binding ribbon (Verve), buttons, limitless layer oval dies (PTI), jumbo fishtail banner stax (My Favourite Things), bakers twine (Twinery), wood butterfly (Maya Road), corrugated paper, pearls (Want 2 Stamp)

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I love that intricate wood butterfly...it is gorgeous with the touch of twine. You know I love the ribbon...cherry cobbler color scheme is one of my all time favorites!

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card!love your bow...

Barb said...

I love that wood butterfly and the gorgeous paper you used - pink and green are always so yummy together! Beautiful card, Maureen! Happy weekend! :)

Marisa said...

I'm swooning over that wood butterfly! Lovely colours you pulled from the inps. picture and your bow is delicious :) Happy Friday!!

Imke said...

Mauren, this is absolutely darling. The wooden butterfly is great- and the colors and DP are really pretty. Love it !

cm said...

Oh my - from the butterfly to the bow to the papers to the layout, this is a totally eye-catching, winning combination. Day-brightening 100%! I'm comcpletely bow-challenged, so this one has me dazzled! Love it! Have a great Friday!
c

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Moe! Love those partial zigzag stiches... and that butterfly is pretty awesome, too!

Christine said...

What pretty papers and a fab take on the sketch! Luv the bow and butterfly!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and papers and the wood butterfly is a perfect touch. TFS

Michelle Woerner said...

Adorable!! I love how you used that wood veneer. Hey, I forgot to tell you I got 1 in CARDS last call. Whew, broke my awful dry spell! Hugs to you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...