Saturday, April 20, 2013

You Ring My Bell

ringmybellmaureenplut

Good morning!  Today I’m sharing another commissioned card.  My colleague, Donna and her husband are celebrating their first anniversary.  Now, I must let you know that Donna and Duff are a super fun couple.  I didn’t know they were running off to Vegas to get married last Spring. I found out through Donna’s Facebook updates and photos.  Here’s the happy couple AKA Vegas Elvis and Marilyn :)

donnaduff

When I knew what they had done in Vegas, I jumped into action and made this card to welcome Donna back to work the next week :)  As Faith Hill would sing, they “bet on love and let it ride.”

invegasmaureenplut

So Donna approached me last week and asked if I’d make her handsome groom a special card.  It was so fun to play around with her picture and some masculine elements.  As much as I worry if the recipient will love his/her card, I do have fun with the creative process.  Donna was great and after we had the picture and sentiment worked out, she said, “Surprise me!”  I can work like that!  Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

edited to add: Donna loved the card when I presented it to her on Thursday.  I’m sure her husband will too :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti fabulous frames

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti rustic cream, white, kraft, su gumball green, american crafts soho garden

accessories: pti fabulous frames and journal tabs dies, mft fishtail flags STAX, bakers twine, studio calico hearts and arrows, black office clip, staple, cuttlebug seeing spots embossing folder

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh how fun! I love the sentiment and I'm glad Donna loved it too! So awesome!

Kim H. said...

I love them both! What a fun story and 2 beautiful cards. :)

Marisa said...

You always do so well incorporating pictures on your cards. This one is a fabulous reminder of their fun celebration and I'm glad she liked it :) Enjoy your w/e!

Christine said...

What fun cards for a couple who must be super-special! Wishing them all the best!

Vickie Z said...

Tooo Fun!! Assuming with the pics and cards...they're a hoot!! Well done!

Helen F. said...

They look like a real fun couple ~ what a great card you created to mark their special day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...