Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sending Oodles of Love ~ Waltzingmouse Blog Party

oodlesoflovemaureenplut

Good morning!  It’s the 17th of the month which means there’s a party going on over at the Waltzingmouse Blog

Blog-Party-Logo 70%

This month’s theme is Spring Flowers.  Though I have MANY Waltzingmouse Stamp sets, I have very few floral sets!  I really had to dig to find these sweet little French Country flowers in the French Country Set.  I had envisioned making a flower out of the petal image, but it looked better in my head than on cardstock…lol.  So then I decided to make a pretty background with the other little floral images in the set.  I LOVE IT!  To add to the “flower” theme, I pulled out 1 of the 3 burlap flowers I have (yes, I’m hoarding!) and liked the contrast it gave against those sweet pink and tangerine blooms.  Thanks for visiting!  I can’t wait to see what everyone makes today :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: wms compact sentiments, french country

ink: su rose romance, tangerine, versafine onyx

paper: pti soft stone, rustic cream

accessories: spellbinders labels 25 die, maya road burlap flower, amy tangerine leaves

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I would be hoarding too. The burlap flower is absolutely stunning yet soft and delicate against the overall design.

Barb said...

Love that pretty background and your burlap flower is gorgeous, Maureen!

Marisa said...

I can see why you are hoarding that burlap flower. It's fabulous!! Great card and loving the BG you created :)

Julia Aston said...

That wonderful burlap flower looks great against your pretty stamped background Maureen!

Jeanne J. said...

That burlap flower is a beautiful contrast to the pretty spring flowers you stamped Maureen!

walchowDesign said...

Wow! That burlap flower is so beautiful on the pretty background!

Sarah said...

The burlap flower is gorgeous and a real contrast with the pretty stamping behind.

-Aneta- said...

perfect burlap flower completes this stunning card :)

Tracey McNeely said...

A gorgeous background Maureen and I would hoard those burlap flowers too, gorgeous!

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful. I love your floral background stamping--I did not think of those flowers when I was making my card, and I wish I did. They are so pretty.

Vickie Z said...

Hoarding....well, I wouldn't know about that :)) Love the background and one of my absolute FAV sentiments!!

Andreia Candy said...

HI, MAUREEN. I AM FROM BRAZIL AND I LOVED YOUR BLOG SO MUCH. EVERYTHING IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL... CONGRATULATIONS. I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY BLOG TOO www.andreiacandy.blogspot.com , KISSES, ANDREIA

Deborah Frings said...

The background paper you made is fabulous - so bright and cheerful. Love the burlap rose too! And isn't that sentiment just such fun!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful and I would have never thought to pull out my French Country set for a flower. Your background is so pretty and that burlap flower, amazing.

Kate said...

I love the contrast of your burlap flower to the soft tones you used as well.
A really pretty card.
One day I'm going to get the hang of these flowers and sit down and make dozens of them 'cause then I'll have a huge stash I can dip into and they really do add a wow factor to a card don't they !!!

Tara Cardwell said...

Wow - I love this - your stamped background is flawless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...