Monday, August 17, 2009

For You Butterfly ~ Sweet Sunday Sketch

Well, not that I want to start a countdown, but I only have 2 more weeks of doing whatever I want :) Then I will be back setting up my classroom getting ready for a new class come September 8th. It's been a blissful summer and so I will enjoy these next 14 lazy days. I know I am truly blessed to have this large amount of time off and now that my son is grown and at university, I have lots of time to myself to cultivate and enjoy my passions. Today's card is another one based on Karen's Sunday sketch. Multiple panels are getting less scary and give me a chance to dig through my scraps bag, pick out a few gems and play with mixing them. I love the PTI raspberry fizz dp. You can never go wrong with it IMHO. I have been on a pink and kraft kick ever since the fleur de lis run last week. And the butterflies are back! I'm having a premonition that these and the button bouquets will be replaced with poinsettias once Christmas nears :)


What's in it?
Stamps: SU great friend, PTI fancy flourishes (on sentiment)
Paper: SU kraft, vanilla, choc chip, walk in the park dp; PTI raspberry fizz, raspberry fizz dp
Ink: SU choc chip, PTI raspberry fizz; versamark
Accessories: cuttlebug EFs, oval nestabilities, silver pearls, PTI grosgrain; SU butterflies die

10 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Ahhh, "the" butterfly. Love the pinks!! This one is really beautiful.

Caryl P said...

Gorgeous card, aren't summer vacations glorious? I go back in for workshops next week and am trying to finish up my classroom this week....I miss all that extra time to make cards already!

Cat said...

A really pretty colour combination and mix of embossing folders. I love the layered butterflies and the silver pearls. Beautiful!

Rochelle said...

Beautiful! Great use of the sketch!

Karen Giron said...

Wow, you did a fantastic job with the sketch - the mixture of textures and patterns is perfect! Beautiful card.

Winter said...

So pretty! Raspberry Fizz is my favorite color! :)

TannyP said...

Gorgeous card! Your textures & dimensions are perfect =) Those colors are really stunning together, too!

Traveling Mama said...

This is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the butterfly!

Marisa said...

Great job, Maureen :D I just love those butterflies. Lovely colour combo too.

Teresa Kline said...

luv the combo of dp and color, beautiful!

enjoy *~*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...