Sunday, August 16, 2009

Get Well ~ Verve Anniversary Sketch

I wanted to share another card I made for Verve's Anniversary last week. This was the fifth sketch that Julee posted. I was very intimidated with the circles at first but then thought about my new patterned paper I bought last week on the girls' road trip :) I added stitching and embossing as I love the texture it adds without overdoing it. The cork birdie was a hit (idea from Dawn McVey awhile back) as was the pink dp. I finished off with the gorgeous PTI satin ribbon and sentiment from the Mega Mixed Messages set. It even made Julee say it made her "heart all aflutter" in my SCS gallery :)

I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife last night...excellent! I had heard mixed reviews, but I loved it. I usually like to read the book first, but wasn't able to. The Lovely Bones is coming out soon and a friend just lent me the book so I can read it first. Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. Smiles to everyone!!

What's in it?

Stamps: PTI mega mixed messages

Paper: SU kraft, vanilla, choc chip, pomegranate, regal rose; DCWV dp; My Mind's Eye dp

Ink: SU choc chip

Accessories: cuttlebug EF, gemstones, stitching; SU birds and blooms die, ticket corner punch, scallop punch, linen thread; PTI satin ribbon, circle nestabilities


4 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Love your paper mix. I think only two are from the same collection? The bird is beautiful.

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful card!!! Love that cork bird, it's fabulous!

Clare said...

Absolutely stunning! Fantastic take on the sketch!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the different patterns and the layers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...