Thursday, August 20, 2009

Precious Loving Memories ~ Mercy's Tuesday Sketch

Good morning! It's a lovely sunny day here in British Columbia and I'm feeling much better about this card. As I alluded to yesterday, I was struggling with some new dp and sage shadow. I was so disappointed that I left the studio early on Tuesday (I usually have to be dragged!) and tried to forget about the layers of paper sitting in a pile on the floor. That's where I put something that's not working...I have to get it off the table! But I started fresh the next day and am pleased with the results. Although it's a small piece, I'm using some more of my new dp (not the one that was causing so much distress) and using Mercy's Tuesday sketch. She really is a hoot and I love her blog. I added embossing and stitching...just love the extra texture it adds. I wanted to make a sympathy card as I don't have many on hand and find them difficult to make once I know I need one. I am off to finally see Harry Potter tonight with a dear friend. I taught her kids 9 years ago and we became good friends over the years since. I also want to say thank-you to all of you who visit me...I love hearing from you and sharing our love of cardmaking :) Sending smiles to you all :)


What's in it?

Stamps: Verve Forever in Our Hearts

Paper: SU vanilla, kraft, celery, PTI polkadots dp, ocean tide; DCWV dp; sparkle dp (butterfly - craft supply)

Ink: SU mellow moss, choc chip

Accessories: stitching, cuttlebug ef, ek border punch; ms butterfly punch, gemstones, PTI grosgrain

8 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Very Nice!! Love the dp and colours.

Cheryl said...

Hi Maureen! This is gorgeous, as are all of your creations! It's my first time visiting you (now following), and I must say....you are amazingly talented!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and your sweet comments!

Winter said...

What a pretty card! I love the soft colors and the sentiment!

Unknown said...

maureen...this is amazing! love the dp, the sentiment, the dry embossing, the sewing, and especially the gorgeous butterfly! amazing attention to detail!

thanks for playing along with my sketch again this week...i can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

TannyP said...

Another stunning creation, Maureen! Your attention to detail is unsurpassed. Hope you enjoyed HP! Did you see the one with a bit of 3D at the beginning?

TannyP said...

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah - it was Imax with the 3D. Pretty neat for the flying scene in the beginning, but I was getting a little nauseaus! LOL I'll keep those other two in mind for films to see with friends since the Mr won't =)

Kristina said...

This is so soft and gorgeous. I really need to try this color combo. That little pearled butterfly is such the perfect addition to the bow!

Pam Varnell said...

This card is beautiful Maureen. Thanks for playing along with us on the sketch challenge this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...