Sunday, September 30, 2012

What Does this Card Remind You Of?

IMG_6024

Good morning!  I spent a blissful day in the studio yesterday and had time to participate in one of THE MOST CREATIVE CHALLENGES I’ve seen in a very long time!!  CAS-ual Fridays has brilliantly asked us to create a card based on our Blog Header!  Oh, I love challenges like this!  Obviously we choose our blog headers to reflect what we love so to make a card with elements we love is true creative heaven.

I have several things that I wanted on this card…light aqua for my sidebars, dark aqua grosgrain, simple font style, a silver Stampin’ Up filigree flower (that mark my sidebar headings), a “made in Canada” watermark and, of course, a button and bling :)  This was WAY too fun!  I highly recommend you check out this challenge…I’ve been loving everyone’s take on their blogs :)  BIG KUDDOS to CAS-ual Fridays for this unique and inspiring challenge!  Have a lovely Sunday :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti think big favourites #15, su glorious and free

ink: versafine onyx, su going gray

paper: pti white, studio calico dp

accessories: su filigree flower, brad, pti button, ribbon, gems, pinking scissors, bakers twine

20 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh goodness. Jaw dropping gorgeousness. Awesome inspiration from your blog header Moe and such a gorgeous, gorgeous CAS design. So happy you got to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

The Paper Parade said...

Moe, I totally agree that this challenge is the best! You did an awesome job replicating your header into a card, its beautiful :) Love the colors, and of course, the buttons and bling!

sandie said...

me too, this is a fab challenge. And you know I hadn't looked at your header is so much detail before, so this challenge is a great way to take a good look at the header. Love that watermark x

Judith said...

Buttons, bling AND watermark - just perfect!! Love it!

Marisa said...

I agree, that challenge is a great one! You aced it big time too :) Love the made in Canada stamp and lovely pop of turquoise with the ribbon. Great take on the challenge!

scrappingnana said...

So pretty and a pefect representation of your blog header.

Aimes said...

Oh my! What a fun challenge and what an *amazing* take on your blog header, Diva! I love that your header reflects your Canadian roots too and that you included that in your card as well ;D
I'm diggin' how CAS this design is too - you know I love it when you do CAS!
Hugs!
Duchess
x
P.S Where did my weekend go?! LOL!

Marlena M. said...

Love your interpretation of your fabulous header Maureen~

Chris Dring said...

This is such a great card for the challenge!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

How can I *not* love a card that says Made in Canada?! My BIL always joked that he wanted to tattoo that one on foot, and the Fabrique Au Canada on the other!

I think you did a great job with the challenge!!

Michele Gross said...

I'm so glad you had fun with the challenge :) Your card is fabulous! Each element is so perfect! So glad you tooted your horn for us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

Virginia L. said...

Oh my! So many eye candy to be had in one little card! Totally gor-ge-ous!Happy to see that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays

Heidi said...

Maureen I love that made in stamp. I need to get one like that. :)

Heidi said...

Maureen I love that made in stamp. I need to get one like that. :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This just takes my breath away - every single detail! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!

Christina said...

This is so fabulous and so YOU! Oh how I love these colors and the pop of red. The polka dot strip along the side is such a fun touch, too! So glad you could play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful!! What a lovely representation of your header, Maureen...love all the wonderful details on your card...so very pretty:)!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Suzanne said...

Check out all those buttons and bling on this awesome awesome awesome card, Maureen! I LOVE it!!!!

Darnell said...

Your card is spectacular, Maureen, and I'm so happy you got a VIP shoutout at CFCC!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...