Thursday, July 30, 2015

Online Card Class ~ Background Check, Day 4

numberbackground

Today in the Online Card Class, we were using dies in a variety of ways to create backgrounds.  I made two backgrounds inspired by Laura Bassen’s projects.  First up is sort of a combination of Laura and Kristina’s ideas, making my own coverplate with number dies.  Here’s what it looked like before I put it through the Big Shot.

diesmaureenplut

I then layered in on top of some school paper.  I love that the patterned paper has numbers on it!

Next up is using letter dies that have not been detached from each other to create a white on white look.  It looks like the letters are raised, but they have been die cutted out.  Very cool in the photo.  I used PTI’s Headline Alphabet Stamp Set.

letterbackground

That’s it for today!  I’m taking the long weekend off so I’ll finish the class next week.  Thanks for stopping by!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...