Sunday, October 21, 2012

Birthday Wishes

birthdaywishesclearlybesotted

Good morning!  I was a stamping fiend yesterday and had time to play with some more of my fabulous Clearly Besotted Stamps!  My birthday stash is still quite low despite my best attempts to replenish so you’ll understand if more of my cards this month are birthday ones :)  I know it’s Autumn (Duchess!), but I can’t resist stamping these sweet reminders of lazy summer days. These butterflies and sentiment are from Butterfly Wishes

Butterfly_Wishes_large

Don’t you love the mix of butterfly images?  The most difficult thing about this card was the placement of the butterflies!  LOL  I swear I spent a good 20 minutes trying out every placement possible!  After dinner and a couple of glasses of wine, this was the final decision! LOL  Have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Clearly Besotted Butterfly Wishes

ink: versafine onyx, pti ocean tides, aquamist

paper: pti rustic cream, soft stone, kraft, October Afternoon Woodland Park

accessories: craft concepts embossing folder, pti button, twine, gems

10 comments:

Aimes said...

I'll let you off indulging in he beautiful summertime butterflies in autumn because you rock them, Diva!
I think next time I spend aged over embellishment placement, I'll take your advice and have a glass (or two!) *wink*
Hugs!
x

Lynn said...

The glass of wine sounds like the perfect remedy to design problems! those butterflies are beyond stunning. And against that pink patterned paper...wowzers! Lovely!

The Paper Parade said...

I think that that glass of wine must have helped, because the placement looks great! I love the woodgrain panel, too, and the antennae coming out of the buttons of the butterfly in the middle :)

Tamika said...

What a lovely card! I have to put that stamp set on my list of must haves the butterflies sold me!

Marisa said...

Love the butterflies and the card. I struggled with some placement issues on a card last week for about 45 minutes once it was all said and done. Soooo frustrating, but at least the final version made me smile. You placed them wonderfully - love the card!

Michelle Woerner said...

Great soft birthday card! And I love this butterfly set. I haven't seen a pretty butterfly set in awhile. i am gonna buy this one!!

Kristina said...

Butterflies in autumn? It could happen. ;)

Those are gorgeous butterflies, too. Love the turquoise color and how they flutter up the paper. I will miss the leisure of summer, but good riddance to the weather! I love fall!

Debby said...

Gorgeous - the pink background really lets those lovely butterflies pop :)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful & the butterflies have been placed perfectly :) I had the same problem when playing with this set & was kicking myself for not making a smaller size butterfly because it's what the card needed to look balanced! lol Thank you sweet lady xxx

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Maureen, I love the colours and placement of the butterflies xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...