Monday, October 8, 2012

Ooh-La-La

oohlala

Good morning!  It’s our holiday Monday here in Canada so I am enjoying a nice, lazy morning at home with my local t.v. news and a pot of coffee!  I wasn’t joking when I told you I had some fun inky time in the studio this weekend.  I was so happy to have some time to play with this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!  I dug out my fav chicken wire stamp and made sure it showed up somewhere on the card! LOL  Once I was done, I realized I had inadvertently used the colours from this week’s ColourQ challenge!  Bonus!  I don’t usually match a sketch challenge with a colour challenge, but since it happened by accident, I’m running with it!  Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic Monday!

signature

WMSC118_thumb[2]

cqc157 

what’s in it?

stamps: wms compact sentiments, chicken wire, french country

ink: versafine onyx, pti autumn rose, su basic gray

paper: pti rustic white, soft stone, su basic gray, authentique lively

accessories: paper doily, spellbinders label 25 die, seam binding ribbon, bakers twine, pti buttons, gems, stitching

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh la la is right. Love how the sentiment is offset by the doily. Awesome card for both challenges! Off to work...while the rest of the house is sleeping in for their day off! Hope you get some more inky time today!

The Paper Parade said...

I just love this sentiment...its so fun! You did a great job combining both challenges. Hope your Thanksgiving was awesome!

Vickie Z said...

Love the pinks and gray with sentiment in black! Wonderful!

sandie said...

love the chicken wire stamp and the funky stitcing pattern at the top of the card. Enjoy s lazy day x

Sylvia said...

Lots of pretty layers to see here, Maureen, love the pretty white ribbon amongst all the strips! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Marisa said...

Pretty in pink it is :) Enjoy your day off. Jealous of your inky time LOL. Spent all of Sat and Sun at the soccer pitch with my son's tournament but well worth it - they won the tournament!! The last game was amazing. Both teams brought it and just as we thought we had the win they scored with under a minute to go so it had to go to a shoot out - eeek!! We won 3-2 in the shoot out and there was a lot of celebrating as they were a silver team in a gold team tournament. I'm one proud mama today :)

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Love the bit of doily tucked in the background!

Kristina said...

Definitely pretty in pink. Love that chicken wire in the background and the gorgeous doily just tucked in there. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Hope you are having a wonderful day off!

Unknown said...

Maureen, this is beautiful! I love all the little details. Your stitching is so fun. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Tamika said...

Love this pink a licious card!

Aimes said...

Tres chic, Diva! Pretty in pink too, this card is making me crave some pink, French pastries!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Anonymous said...

Love all the elements you've used plus the lovely colour combo. :) Fab card!

Jeanne J. said...

Oooh La la is right! This card is beautiful! From the pretty pink, to the fab stitching - just divine!

Sarah said...

Very pretty...I love pink and grey together.

Julia Aston said...

Love the chicken wire background and fun stitching Maureen!

Kim Duran said...

Hope you had a wonderful day off! Your card is adorable! Love the colors! Especially the grey chicken wire with pink. And I love the stitching technique too. I always enjoy your cards!

Kelly S. said...

I just love some chicken wire in pink :) LOVE how you layered those nesties and have the sweet sentiment peeking out. You are a champion patterned paper picker! Always such beautiful choices for your projects, Maureen!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Maureen, this is gorgeous! So much to love here - the stitching, the doily, ALL of it! Thanks so much for playing with the colourQ!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...