Sunday, October 7, 2012

Ever So Grateful

eversograteful

Good morning friends!  We are smack in the middle of our Canadian Thanksgiving Day weekend and enjoying some amazing crisp, sunny Fall days.  There is so much to be thankful for…one being celebrating World Card Making Day with a little inky time yesterday.  I viewed Dawn McVey’s Make It Monday video on glitter tabs and just had to join in.  I was inspired by her poinsettia card, but just couldn’t find the urge to break out the Christmas stamps yet!  HA!  So will you settle for a sunflower card?  I’m thinking I will bring this over to my sister’s tonight as we gather for our family’s Thanksgiving dinner.  I will put a sticky note inside so she can use it again :)  Do you ever do that?  Thanks for visiting!  Can I leave you with my favourite Thanksgiving Day poem?  I posted it 3 years ago, but I think it deserves reposting :)  I include it in my class’ newsletter each year…

signature

 

 

 

 

Reasons for Thanksgiving

 

To have food enough and a place to dwell,

To have work to do and do it well.

To find the comfort when things go wrong

In a bit of prayer or a snatch of song.

To know the pleasure a kind act brings,

To see the beauty in simple things.

To know good books and share their worth,

To plant bright flowers in rich brown earth.

To have true friends...this is living,

And reason enough for thanksgiving.

 

by Edith Shaw Butler

 

makeitmondays 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti simple sunflower set, autumn acorns

ink: versafine onyx, su choc chip, more mustard

paper: pti rustic cream, ocean tides, basicgrey dp, my mind’s eye All Spice

accessories: pti simple sunflowers, half and half and spiral notebook page dies, ek success border punch, pti buttons, bakers twine, seam binding ribbon, martha stewart glitter, stitching

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Thank you so much for sharing the poem. Perfect is so many ways and a great reminder to cherish each days moments.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Moe! Your card is absolutely perfect for your sister. Love the deep rich mustard color on the sunflowers! Gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Loving that mustard flower - just like moms or asters :) Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family today. We are postponing until next weekend due to a soccer tournament and half the family being out of town. Thanks for being a blessing to so many of us with your wonderful creations!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!!

OMG... this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the shade of your sunflower, and the little glitter tab is the perfect touch!

Enjoy your turkey!!

Nancy Penir said...

Maureen, your card is perfect, and I love to give cards to to re-gived (given?). Enjoyed your sweet poem too, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Aimes said...

Belated Thanksgiving wishes to you, Diva! So you're not cracking out the seasonal stamps quite yet then? Love every element on this card, so much to sit and admire! Love the tip about the post-it notes in cards - I must do that in the future!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Heidi said...

Beautiful fall card maureen! I do put sticky notes in cards sometimes: it is a card and gift in one!

Love the poem.
Heidi

Patricia said...

Good Morning, WOW! what a stunningly beautiful card and I just LOVE buttons. I have had a look back at some of your other cards and they are just so fantastic.
Have a Great Day

Patricia x

LEG Studios said...

Beautiful card and poem. Thanks for sharing!

The Paper Parade said...

What a beautiful poem! Happy Thanksgiving :) I love that you stamped the sunflower on yellow cardstock, that yellow and blue are the perfect striking colors together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...