Thursday, January 3, 2019

Happy New Year and New Year's Mantra!


Happy New Year, friends!  I love when our Christmas Break starts close to Christmas so we have a nice week after to clean up the decorations and PLAY in the studio.  I love being able to play with PTI's Make it Monday early rather than scrambling to create something last minute on a Sunday.  It's the A La Carte time so we get to pick a challenge we missed.  Can you believe, that was a challenge?  I've played along with most of them but did find one that I missed...#312, Framing Sentiments and Images with Laurie.  Though my poinsettias are done now, I was happy to make one more for my card that will make it's way to my cousin in the States.

I'm also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New.

Speaking of PLAY...this is my "one word/New Year's Mantra" for the year.  Being a Grade One teacher means that this word is always around me and a big part of what I try to bring into my class.  However, it really became imprinted on my heart this summer when I bought a bracelet at a local market.  The bracelet had a "2018" charm on it so I asked if I could change it out.  The artist opened her charm container and the first one I saw was "PLAY."  I picked it right away.  So now it's my mantra for the year (and forever!).  I'll leave you with a photo of the bracelet and some playful quotes...to see more, visit my Pinterest New Year's Mantra board.  You'll also see quotes from past mantras.  Thanks for stopping by!

what's in it?
stamps: Penned Elegance Christmas, Painted Poinsettias (PTI)
dies: Painted Poinsettias, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die (PTI)













2 comments:

Carmela said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen. I love your poinsettia!!

Kelly S said...

Gorgeous poinsettia card and equally beautiful quotes! I am a speech pathologist, working with many young children, and I believe every one of those! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...