Saturday, November 5, 2011

Friends ‘Til the End

sfyttfriends

Good morning!!  Today’s card is my take on Diva Jen’s Sketch for You to Try!  It’s the beginning of a new month and that means Jen has a new sketch and a new monthly sponsor, VERVE!!  Woohoo!!  In honour of being asked to join in the fun over on Jen’s Blog, I thought I would use the Verve set she inspired, Making a Statement.  This set is VERY BROWN since it’s August release…it’s still in my go-to basket :)  I also used the coordinating Loopy Blooms dies to cut out my felt flower and leaves and the Rounded Scallop Frame to cut out a chipboard frame.  I used the Rounded Rectangle Die on top of the frame this time, instead of underneath it.  Please check out Jen’s post and learn all about the new sketch as well as to see the links to some more wonderful samples with this sketch.  Have a wonderful weekend…YIKES, I just remembered it’s FALL BACK with the clocks!! Oh, how I’ve missed that hour!! LOL

signature 

SFYTTNov2011 

what’s in it?

stamps: making a statement (Verve)

paper: cream, kraft (PTI), mellow moss (SU!), Sidewalks (October Afternoon)

ink: onyx (Versafine), real red, sahara sand (SU)

accessories: Loopy Blooms, Rounded Rectangle, Rounded Scallop Frame (A Cut Above by Verve), tag die, buttons, felt, twine (PTI), twill (May Arts), gems (Kaisercraft), stitching

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh...love those soft felt flowers! And the plaid paper...and the twine...and the pop of red...love it all Moe!

Broni said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch! I love the mix of patterns and your tag & flowers!

Marisa said...

Love the felt flower and little pops of red on the card. Have a fabulous weekend : )

Melisa Hunter said...

Love your colour combo! This set is so fun! I want to play with it right now! I can't wait until I have a bit more free time. But, I am enjoying my coursework, so that is good...weird, but very good! ;) Hope you are having a great weekend! We went to the ski swap today, so now we are all set for the season! ttys!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fabulous! Love your flower accent and the mix of papers!

Becky Carafa said...

Love love love this! Great colors - that yellow flower is so fun. Thanks for playing along with us!
Enjoy your extra hour - my kids don't get the memo, so I'll be up an hour early, ugh.

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful colors, patterns, and details, Moe! Love the layered felt flower accenting! Fabulously done!

TannyP said...

Wowza....great gadsby - this is gorgeous! Love your take on the sketch and the use of that fantastic stamp set, plus the awesome frame!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Brilliant take on the sketch! I love the cheery colors of your card, too!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Really nice composition!

Andrea M said...

What a fun and gorgeous card - you worked magic with those layers again!!!
Are you moving in yet? How exciting!!! I haven't been on FB lately so I've missed a ton of updates! Can't wait to hear!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...