Monday, November 28, 2011

You are {Deeply} Loved, Jake

youarelovedgiftcard

Hello everyone!  Today’s post is a combination of two important events.  First and foremost, it is my son, Jake’s birthday.  My little peanut is 23 and I still remember the wonder and joy I felt when I first held him in my arms.  I’m pretty sure I’ve posted this photo before, but I feel it’s very appropriate for the day.  Now, secondly, today is my Diva Dare day over on the Verve Blog!!  The dare this time is “A Handmade Christmas.”  Now you may be asking, where’s the Christmas in this card?  lol Read on…

babyjake

Since I was posting on Jake’s birthday, I thought I’d make his birthday card AND then take the same layout and make a Christmas card as well.  I wanted to showcase how you can take one design and have it fit  different occasions…to save you/me from going mad thinking up a new idea at the busiest time of the year :) So up first is Jake’s birthday card, complete with a Starbucks card and a little cheque tucked in behind {wink, wink!}.

birthdaygiftcardinside

And here is the Christmas version…

justforyougiftcard

This one won’t be going to Jake, but is all ready to go to a special coworker.

christmasgiftcardinside

Thanks so much for visiting and letting me gush about my Jake (again).  I don’t get to make his cake on his birthday anymore, but I always make one when he comes home for Christmas so he can make a belated wish.  I kind of like our new tradition :)  Now head over to the Verve Blog to see all the details of the Diva Dare going on this month until December 9th…there’s a prize of a $30.00 gift certificate AND one lucky commenter will get a stamp set of their choice!  It will feel just like YOUR birthday! LOL  Have a wonderful Monday!

signature

what’s in them?

{you are loved}

stamps: Small Phrases, Bloom and Grow, Birthday Bash (Verve)

paper: cream, ocean tides (PTI), sahara sand, choc chip (SU), Spice (My Mind’s Eye)

ink: onyx (Versafine), sahara sand (SU), Versaamark

accessories: elegant leaves, charming banner dies (A Cut Above Dies by Verve), gift card die, buttons, twine (PTI), pearls (Kaisercraft), woodgrain embossing folder (Craft Concepts), stitching

 

{just for you}

stamps: Bright Spirits, Glad Tidings, Frosty Flakes, Christmas in the Air, Sunny Days (Verve)

paper: cream, kraft (PTI), sahara sand, espresso, ruby red (SU), Season’s Greetings (Echo Park)

ink: onyx (Versafine), chocolate chip, ruby red (SU)

accessories: Frosty Snowflakes, Leafy Sprigs, Charming Oval dies (A Cut Above dies by Verve), gift card die, button, twine (PTI), gem (Kaisercraft), embossing folder (SU), stitching

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Big Happy Birthday wishes heading north for Jake! I adore his masuline card. Such great papers for him!

And...the transformation into the Christmas gift card holder is absolutely fabulous! I love them both!

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy Birthday to your son and fantastic cards Maureen. I love the gift card on the front of the card.

TannyP said...

Happy Birthday to Jake indeed! His birthday card is fabulous and the Christmas card is outstanding. Love that gift card die....another wish list item! Beautiful job on these, Moe!

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday to Jake :) Love the two versions of the card! The little gift pouch on the front is fabulous!!

Luanne said...

Thanks for posting that precious picture of you and Jake! They grow up so fast...! My youngest is turning 30 this year! Ahkkk! I'm surely not that old? Anyway, your cards are both charming. Love the way you made the gift card on top. Now I need that die too.. Have a wonderful week!

Nicole said...

Moe! I am sitting in the bookstore taking a break from studying and flipping through the latest Cards magazine. There's ANOTHER of your gorgeous creations! Congrats. Love the burlap touch.

Melisa Hunter said...

Happy Birthday, Jake! I remember when he was a little guy! So cute! Love that picture, Maureen! Hope you post it every year! Fabulous cards. Love all the great details. So fun to have them open up and reveal the gift card! Take care! Hope everything is going well. ttys! I've got one more assignment to go and then I'm done for this term! yay!

sandie said...

Happy Birthday to Jake.
I love this idea of opening up the card to find a gift card-how cool. Such gorgeous colours and papersin both cards-will be trying this idea out x

Aimes said...

Belated birthday wishes to Jake! I love that he gets a belated birthday cake and wish :)
Oh I need that card holder die, don't I? As my own nieces and nephews grow up way too fast, they're now wanting gift cards or money as presents...guess they don't trust their Auntie Aimes' style LOL!
Hugs,
Duchess
x

Davi said...

Sure thought that I had left a comment on your wonderful creations. These are the coolest gift card holders! Like very cool wallets. I especially like the one you made for your son ;)

Andrea M said...

Birthday wishes to your boy :) What a great pic of you two! Love the cards and the gift card holders! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...