Thursday, November 24, 2011

Truly Make a Difference

teachers

Good “day before Friday” everyone!!  I don’t make many teacher appreciation cards…lots of teacher coworker thank you cards, but not many to say thanks to all those wonderful teachers out there. Being a teacher myself, it sounds a bit self serving.  However, who better to know what the other teachers are doing out there?  I see it first hand everyday.  I like to share this little analogy that I heard one teacher use as she described her job…it’s like hosting a daily birthday party of 24+ children for 6 hours.  Having said that, it’s also very rewarding if it was what you have always wanted to be since you were 9…that’s my story ;)  I took my cue from the ColourQ palette this week.  I have issues with orange and brown at times, hoping I won’t make them look like a Brownie uniform! LOL  I think the white and yellow help in that respect.  I embossed the tag and jotted heart with the typeset Cuttlebug folder.  The house is inching (sounds better than centimetering!) along.  My handsome and handy husband caulked all the windows today…one item that is on the “occupancy and home warranty checklists.”  We have 2 more items and then can call the city inspector.  He also told me I could start unpacking some boxes this weekend!  MY PLEASURE!!  Woohoo!!  Have a fantastic day!

signature

cqc112 

what’s in it?

stamps: my favourite things clearly sentimental about teaching, four point frame stamps

ink: versafine onyx, su ruby red

paper: pti white, su espresso, basicgrey dp

accessories: verve jotted heart, pti edgers, tag, blossom, fillable frame dies, button,, cuttlebug ef, thread, crate paper brad, Michaels ribbon and cork

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Moe, This is a beauty. I love the open white space at the top and the touch of cork! So fabulous and you absolutely deserve to receive this work of art for all your hard work and love of your classes!

Now...I'm off for a quick run and then to get a few more casseroles ready for today! Planning on hitting any of the on-line sales tomorrow?! :)

TannyP said...

Wow - look at all that white space - which works perfectly to keep this from looking brownie-ish. That, plus it's too lovely =) Those cork flowers are beautiful!

Marisa said...

You had me giggling at the brownie uniform comment :) Love the topper on the DP panel and the orange ribbon is perfect! Great card for any teacher. How wonderful that you are working in a profession you love and have wanted to be a part of since you were 9 :) Blessings to you for all the little lives you have touched over the years (((hugs))).

Yeah for the tiny steps forward with the house. LOL re: centimetering. Happy unpacking!

Aimes said...

Although I'm a metric gal too, I can appreciate the 'inching' after all, it's 2.5 times larger than moving along in cms *wink*
Ah so the Brownie uniform is orange and brown over there? It's yellow and brown over here so your fabulous card would have me even thinking about Brownies!
So true about teaching! I remember teaching my teddies when I was little and bossing my brothers around - I was destined to be a teacher! LOL!
Happy Friday Eve! :D
Hugs,
Duchess
x

Sylvia said...

Lovely thank you card, Maureen! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Hope you had a wonderful day. thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

kasia c. said...

Maureen this is stunning!! I love all of those fabulous elements. :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Terrific layout on this beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is so cool....and I can't believe you're still stamping & creating amidst moving & unpacking! Thanks for playing with us!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...