Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You’re in My Thoughts

inmythoughts

Good morning!  Well, I guess the up side of not moving this week is that I have a few more days of card making before the computer has to go to the new house :)  I just love the stunning colour palette this week over on the colourQ blog.  AND it made me smile because most of our lighting fixtures are in and working at the new house :)  see below…  Now, leave it to me and this crazy month to totally miss out on the “vanilla” at the end of the colour line up.  It usually is “white” on the colourQ and I really read vanilla as white…so that’s what y’all get!! LOL  I also went to grab my lovely brown twill ribbon and realized it did not make the ribbon basket during the temporary move!  What was I thinking!?  No rusty bells and no brown ribbon!! I really am roughing it!! LOL  Otherwise, I am very pleased with this fun little layered tag card…grace under pressure :)  Hope your week is going well.  Thanks so much for all your lovely and encouraging comments…you are the best :)

signature

cqc109 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve free stamp with purchase, pti modern woodgrain

ink: versafine onyx, su close to cocoa

paper: pti white, su indigo, pumpkin, pti distressed dots

accessories: pti tag 5, doily details and mat 4 dies, Michaels ribbon, pti button, su twine

 

The powder room light fixture…it gives off the coolest effect on the blue walls at night :)

oct31powderroom

Ah, my lovely studio light…so gorgeous…Tony is going to have a hard time getting me out of this room! LOL

oct31studiolight

I guess this is what the kitchen will look like after a party!  Island drop lights and new appliances just being installed.oct31kitchenlights

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Moe, Your home is coming together absolutely beautiful. The light fixtures our gorgeous. I love all the natural light you can see in your studio. Are you visualizing where you'll be putting all your decorations?

Your card is a beauty too. I love the color palette. Such strong, bold colors and the polka dots pop! Lovely.

Marisa said...

Love all the polka dots and you mixed the colours wonderfully. Your kitchen is fabulous - hubby would be jealous LOL! Just a few more sleeps - hang in there :)

Aimes said...

Wowzers! This bold beauty certainly woke me up, Diva! Psst - I actually prefer the white with this bold combo rather than vanilla ;D You rebel with style, Diva!
Oooh I'm getting so excited for you both and your new house! It's looking FABULOUS! The kitchen is minus a few Martini glasses I see, but we can always fix that! LOL!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

angel1990 said...

Thanks for sharing pics of your new home-it looks beautiful! LOOVe your kitchen and floors!!

Julie Aldridge said...

Beautiful Kitchen AND card!

TannyP said...

You made those colors work brilliantly! Gorgeous job =) I love that layering!

Oh my....the light fixtures are just lovely...and the kitchen looks GLORIOUS! That's just what MrP would need for his Viking mixer!

Suzanne Bier said...

Beautiful card and great way to use the challenge colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the colourQ!

Unknown said...

Love your cards and great job "roughing it" Moe. Their awesome as usual!
Love your new home and that kitchen is divine, so excited for you and your hubby! Have Fun :-)

Christina said...

Lovely job, Maureen! The woodgrain label is such a fun touch-and I thought I didn't need them! I love how you layered the tag behind the labels and let the ribbon stick out at the top. Thanks for joining us again at the ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...