Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Merry Christmas ~ Get Your Diva On!

merrychristmasgydo

Good morning!!  Have you seen the new just released stamps and dies from Verve?  Check out all the new products over in the Verve Store!  Then, head over to the Verve Forum for the newest Get Your Diva On Challenge.  Diva Teresa is challenging us to be inspired by this gorgeous festive photo…if THIS doesn’t get you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will!!  LOL  I was making this card for the new release and then realized it was perfect for the GYDO challenge.  I added a music paper poinsettia (notice I used Joy to the World music!) and some fun little jingle bells.  But the sweetest thing is that little “joy” tag!!  I got the Stampin’ Up antique tags awhile ago and was dying to use them.  BUT I had to find a word small enough for it!! Enter Small Phrases to the rescue.  The “joy” is from the stamp “bundle of joy.”  LOL  I just inked up the last word and said a little prayer it would stamp perfectly…and it did!! woohoo!!  So are you ready to get your Diva on?!  Can’t wait to see your take on it!!  

169658427_cvyNOGA7_c 

 

DivaOnNoFrame_200

what’s in it?

stamps: Bright Spirits, Small Phrases (Verve)

paper; rustic cream (PTI), ruby red (SU), Nordic Holiday (basicgrey), Christmas sheet music

ink: onyx (Versafine), tea dye duo (PTI)

accessories: poinsettia die, twine, button (PTI), lace trim, bells (Michaels), tag (SU), border punch (Fiskars), stitching

9 comments:

Lynn said...

You are leaving me staring again. I keep staring at the details on your card. I love the layer of lace trim, the sweet jingle bells and the joy tag...and of course...oh my, the beautiful flower! STUNNING! Way to seriously get your DIVA on Moe!

Sue said...

This card is beautiful. Love it!

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... said...

I love your cards and this one is especially lovely! Can I ask which die you used to create the poinsettia?

Thanks, Doris

Marisa said...

Love the poinsettia and the cluster of bells. I was chocked when I went to Mike's this year and they didn't have the packaged craft with the brown bells :( Maybe next year. Gorgeous DP and lovely touch of lace too.

Suzanne said...

GORGEOUS! One of my faves from you ever, Moe! I love everything about it, especially the multi-colored bells!

Andrea M said...

*THUD* Maureen, this card is an absolute dead-ringer for that picture! WOWZAS!!! So perfect! Just love it Diva!

Kathy Martin said...

Such a beautiful card! I LOVE it! :)

Luanne said...

This is so wonderful, I don't know where to begin! Love the poinsettia in the sheet music, how brilliant! And the little tag is the icing on the cake. Beautiful!

TannyP said...

Definitely tough to not be put in the Christmas spirit with such fabulous inspiration =) You did this card up beautifully - LOVE that twine and bells!! Perfect flower, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...