Sunday, November 13, 2011

One Blessing After Another

blessings

Good morning!!  It’s been a wonderful long weekend and we’ve got a bit more done at the house.  The studio flooring is going in today or tomorrow so I’ll be able to have some updated photos soon.  We had to change the cork flooring to hardwood in the basement because the product wasn’t going together well.  Anyways…since we didn’t have to do any major moving yet, I thought I’d treat myself to playing around with this week’s colourQ palette :)  Love these fall colours and so out came my sweet little acorn dies and stamps.  Now, this first card is actually my second card for this challenge…the first one is below but it just wasn’t as vibrant as I wanted it to be…hence the second card.  I’ve used canvas again for the leaves…just love using other material for die cuts…so fun!

thankyou

Hope your day is wonderful…thanks so much for stopping by :)

signature

cqc110 

what’s in them?

{one blessing}

stamps: pti beautiful blessings, autumn acorns

ink: versafine onyx, su choc chip, close to cocoa, melon berry, pti aquamist

paper: su peach parfait, soft suede, pti white, MME dp

accessories: pti acorn and note page dies, button, twine, ribbon, stitching

 

{thank you"}

stamps: pti wonderful word additions, leaf prints

ink: versafine onyx, su really rust, pumpkin pie

paper: pti white, su soft suede, MME lime twist and Lilybee Designs papers

accessories: canvas, pti leaf, scallop border and note page dies, embossing folder, pti button and twine, stitching

10 comments:

Christina said...

I love both of these, Moe! But I love that you decided to tackle a more vibrant take on the colors, as it turned out beautifully. Those acorns are so darling! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ again this week!

Marisa said...

Loving the acorns :) May have to break down and get that set. I actually quite love the first one you made even though it is a bit more subdued - must be the leaves LOL!

Sylvia said...

Lovely cards, Maureen! So glad you enjoyed using the colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Anne said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love the colors and all the details =)

Hugs from Anne (Norway)

Kathy Martin said...

These cards are so sweet! And so are those cookies! It's right before dinner and they are making me hungry!!!

Kristina said...

I love both of these cards, but agree that the second is missing a little "something" in brightness. The teal aqua mist really pops off of the first card. :)

Glad you are enjoying your long weekend. I so needed it! We are back to work tomorrow, but without students. It's a staff development day that we get to use simply working in our own classrooms. It really is my favorite day of the year, lol!

Aimes said...

OK so we'll let the guys off if delaying in moving is giving you more inky time! ;D
LOVE that aqua paired with the bold autumnal colours - genius! Gives such a gorgeous contrast when you add it in tiny splashes like that!
Oh those leaves stamped on canvas make my heart skip a beat on the final card. Seriously. FABBY!
Hugs!
Aimes
x

LeAnne said...

I love them both, but personally, I like the second one better! I think the bold sentiment has something to do with it, plu I am loving those canvas leaves! Where do you get the canvas? I have been hankering to try my hand at stamping on canvas and haven't been able to find where everyone is getting it!!! Thanks for playing with us at CQC this week!

Lynn said...

Moe, these are both beauties, but I am with you...definitely love those pops of blue on the top one. Don't you just love the process of creating? So fun to make things that we love!

Sorry that the flooring had to be changed up for the studio. Hoping that you are in love with the hardwood...keep counting the days with you until moving day!

Suzanne Bier said...

Both of your cards are fantastic! I love all the details you added to each one! Thanks for playing along with us at the colourQ this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...