Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Crushing On Card Stock Day 1 Projects

Hello!  I've been busy these last two days with an Online Card Class, Crushing On Cardstock.  I thought it would be a great way to ease back into stamping and see what's new and what, hopefully, is still around.  Kristina Werner was one of the first bloggers I followed when I first discovered card blogs.  She never fails to inspire me with her creativity.  We learned how to create background patterns out of pieces of cardstock!  It is more labour intensive than I'm used to, but the results are fun as you're never sure how it will turn out until the card is almost done.  Here's the second card...

And them both together as they were created with the same strips of cardstock until I cut them in different ways, cool, eh?

Next up was to emboss cardstock...no problem there!  I had some die cut butterflies on my desk for at least a year.  They were too pretty to throw away and I'm so glad I had them wait for the perfect card. 


The last card is used by layering cardstock cut into heart shapes and tearing down the side.  Oh, this reminded me of when I first bought from Stampin' Up!  Torn edges were all the rage!



Thanks for stopping by.  Today is Day 2 but I'm still watching the videos and planning my cards.  It's fun to figure out how to make the cards with only the supplies I have which are always different from the class designers.  Have a lovely day!



 

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So far I have only accomplished one of the cards from Day 1. Sure like the cards you have created already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...