Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For You and Only You!!


Good morning!!! I just had to add the "and Only You" to the post title as "For You" seemed too short!! LOL  Today's card is my entry for the last Viva La Verve September sketch.  I wasn't tempted to make more than one card this week...hehehe.  Am loving the rich colours in the inspiration photo.  I wasn't sure what to do with the square panel until the blossoms in Verve's Great Friend started begging to be on the card.  They are quite brown from the AnniVervesary Release but still ink up like a charm :)  For some reason, these colours remind me of when I was a Brownie!! LOL  Well, the week is half over and I can't wait for the weekend.  My sweet husband is whisking me away to a Hot Spring Resort a few hours away.  There is a dining room with a live band and dancing and I can't wait to get dressed up after our couple's massage and hit the dance floor with my handsome hubby :)  Hope your week is going well...thanks so much for visiting today :)



what's in it?
stamps: verve great friend
ink: su choc chip
paper: pti kraft, autumn abundance dp; su peach parfait, early espresso, really rust
accessories: fiskars punch, gemstones, cuttlebug ef, pti ribbon

6 comments:

TannyP said...

Wahoo! A hot spring vacation and a beauty of a card - both sound divine. You've done an amazing job of this sketch and the colors look beautiful!

Aimes said...

Now that sounds a great incentive to get through the working week :D
Just love the rich autumnal tones of this card, Diva! Super duper paper piecing too!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Julie said...

Hi Maureen! I love your card! Those colors are so warm and fall-like! Sounds like you have fun plans for the weekend! Enjoy! :)

About the digi paper, I was really surprised at how much I liked it. It printed very well - no lines or anything. I'm not sure about the printer ink. But I can't imagine that it would be anymore expensive than spending a ton of money on paper packs then only using a couple sheets! :)

Lynn said...

Maureen, I'm 100% jealous of your weekend plans...sounds like heaven on earth! I could definitely go for a massage...I hope you have a fabulous time and I'm always up for dancing!!

Love all the layers on your flower...scrumptious!

Kristina said...

LOVE this card! The fall colors, the gorgeous dp flower... The combos of dp! I think there are 3 different companies on there! I'm relabeling you the dp diva. :)

Have a wonderful, romantic weekend! Enjoy the warm weather!

Winter said...

Great Fall card! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...